Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner gives a homeless man $1000.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Don't tell me you suckers are falling for this. This was the most inexpensive PR he could have bought himself. I've been involved in numerous charitable fundraisers over the years for orgs like Doctors Without Borders and other global efforts and I'll tell you first hand, when people truly do a deed from the goodness of their heart, they don't do it on camera and make sure it's posted on YouTube. Most of the big donations we've received were very discreet. This is a stunt intended to manipulate your feelings about AB. I'd even venture to guess that his manager put him up to it.
    Yup, plus the fact he post's it on his twitter just for exposure. What a shallow person, but he gets the dumb asses to believe it.

Comment

Won't lie, that gave me goosebumps. I have a soft spot in my heart for people in need of basic things and animals. It softens me up in a heartbeat. Nice gesture from Broner even though I'm not a fan of recording and sharing these type of things though. You do it from the heart to help, not to get recognition for it.

Comment

I've always been a fan of broner. He can be a clown sometimes but he's good for boxing and he is a True Warrior. Thanks for sharing jack.

Comment

Yeah, maybe he did it for a little recognition, but he still did it. He's human, it had to feel good and you could see it did. Maybe it opened his eyes a little in regard to wasting money.

Comment

Good for the homeless guy

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
              He's still a ****. Gets no respect from me for that. It's easy to drop a grand for show when you're a millionaire. This sort of thing is just about ego for celebrities. Plus giving a grand to a homeless dude is stupid. Most homeless people are in the position they are through their own faults and will just waste the money in any case.
              Don't tell me you suckers are falling for this. This was the most inexpensive PR he could have bought himself. I've been involved in numerous charitable fundraisers over the years for orgs like Doctors Without Borders and other global efforts and I'll tell you first hand, when people truly do a deed from the goodness of their heart, they don't do it on camera and make sure it's posted on YouTube. Most of the big donations we've received were very discreet. This is a stunt intended to manipulate your feelings about AB. I'd even venture to guess that his manager put him up to it.
              Originally posted by Anderson Silva View Post
              Yup, plus the fact he post's it on his twitter just for exposure. What a shallow person, but he gets the dumb asses to believe it.

I agree with this.

Broner is still a bytch.

Comment

Well it's still a good stunt. That man can turn his life around if he's wise enough to do so. He can get a proper shower, he can shave, buy new clothes, rent a room, go to a job interview, get a job if he really wants to turn things around.

I didn't 'fall' for this and I still don't like Broner at all, but that was a good act of his and certainly showed me that there's a good side to him sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltz View Post
                  Well it's still a good stunt. That man can turn his life around if he's wise enough to do so. He can get a proper shower, he can shave, buy new clothes, rent a room, go to a job interview, get a job if he really wants to turn things around.

I didn't 'fall' for this and I still don't like Broner at all, but that was a good act of his and certainly showed me that there's a good side to him sometimes.

Good post. Who cares if it was for publicity he just gave that guy a second chance to get his life back on track, its upto him now.

Comment

Just saw the video. I think that was awesome.

Comment

Broner is an idiot but you have to remember that he's just a kid who has got too much money far too soon.

I'd expect him to become more humble & less of a jerk when he eventually grows up.

Comment

Working...
                      X