No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves Rejects Polish Judge For Froch Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EAAE View Post
    What were the judges scores the last fight?
    I remember correctly two of the judges only had one point up for groves

When in reality he pretty much dominated the fight and knocked froch down

It was sketchy as hell

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      So we have a boxingscene (Skysports) writer stating:

So it's a travesty that 2 judges scores a fight 7-5 and the third 5-7? Huh? It's a close fight.

And then he concludes:

Which implies that the 2 other judges did not. Scoring a travesty one guy knew what he was doing. IN A 7-5 FIGHT! Come on man.

Now that was a little nitpicking towards the writer.

Towards Groves rejection it is worth noting that Helenius fought for Sauerland and the rejected judge was the guy who scored in favour of the non-Sauerland fighter.

Groves inked a deal with Sauerland last week. There you have it. The writer did not include that pretty important info.
      Well spotted on the Sauerland - Helenius connection. Disagree on Helenius Chisora tho - as i remember the rounds were not hard to score and it was a close but clear win for Chisora.
      Last edited by lewishamboy; 05-23-2014, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Two Brits don't want any Brit officials or judges involved because they know firsthand from experience that they are the worst in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
          Two Brits don't want any Brit officials or judges involved because they know firsthand from experience that they are the worst in the world.

sad but true

Comment

How is Groves even in a position to demand this stuff? He isn't a belt holder...

Comment

Don't really agree with the article, you can't say somebody is a proven top ref just because you've seen 3 fights where they scored it the same way you did.

Just from searching this board it seems like his scoring was criticised for one of Zaveck's fights, where 2 judges had it 117-110 and he had it a draw. Seems like his lack of experience could be the main reason Groves has objected rather than his nationality.

Comment

Seems they're bringing this up to add to the 'drama'. Surely both camps have some names in mind of who they'd prefer to officiate.

Comment

Groves is making Frock look like the challenger!!!

Comment

Charlie Fitch set to be the ref.

Comment

Originally posted by ukalltheway View Post
                      I remember correctly two of the judges only had one point up for groves

When in reality he pretty much dominated the fight and knocked froch down

It was sketchy as hell
                      I didnt know about the scoring but watching a replay of the fight i thought Groves was well in front, i do think Froch would have finished the job, but the referee didnt give us a chance to see that, cant wait for the rematch, hope there is no controversy.

Comment

Working...
                      X