Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing? Or MMA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't stand MMA. I used to be heavy on football (American) and basketball, both college and pro.

Now boxing is the only sport I follow with regularity. I'll check scores and follow other sports here and there. But even if I'm at home watching an NFL or NBA game I'll usually have a classic fight on my laptop that I'm looking at.

Comment

If I am channel surfing and I happen to find a MMA fight I will watch it. I was doing just that and recently watched Jon Jones against, I believe it was Rampage Jackson from a couple of years ago, and it really was a boring fight. I knew who Jones was only because his brother played for the Ravens.

As far as boxing is concerned I can even remember the first fight I ever recorded on VHS. I went to Sears and the VHS tape, one tape, cost me $12.00 and I taped Rockin Robin Blake losing to future Champ Harry Arroyo back in I believe 1984. After that I recorded everything boxing. I most have 20,000 fights on tape down in the basement. To say the least I was a bit obsessed.

Simply put I have planed many a nights around boxing matches I have even planed vacations around boxing matches. I once even had a young lady break up with me and part of the reason was she claimed that boxing seemed more important to me than she did. I may be wrong but I am pretty sure it also had something to do with that other dude she happened to be sleeping with. Oh well I still had my love affair with boxing.

Just a little side note. Back in the day I always went to Atlantic City to watch fights. My brother is a casual boxing fan and he would often join me on the trips. A couple of years ago he happened to have the opportunity to go to a MMA event in AC. I am not sure if it was a UFC event but what my brother said was that it was a different crowd then the boxing crowd. He claimed that there was way to much testosterone flowing and to many in the crown actually thought that they were MMA fighters. He said that alone took some of the enjoyment out of the evening. By the way if you have not figure it out I vote boxing.

Comment

Why'd you ask this on a boxing forum?

Comment

Dude, you're asking this on a boxing forum. Go ask this question in sherdog and compare the results....

Anyhow, boxing is my favorite sport and is number one over anything. I have nothing against MMA and think it's a fantastic sport and casually watch it when it's a big fight that strikes my interest and there's no boxing that night.

Comment

Boxing obviously.

The problem with MMA is that you never see any really quick strikers. Will MMA ever have that Bruce Lee that can kick and punch with lightning fast speed... A Roy Jones that can utilize his legs too? It'd be the rarest thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
              Why'd you ask this on a boxing forum?
              Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Dude, you're asking this on a boxing forum. Go ask this question in sherdog and compare the results....
              Exactly what I was thinking. The poll results shouldn't be surprising.

Comment

Doesnt the UFC have a girl in its p4p list?

Comment

i'm a fan of both.i appreciate all forms of combat. muay thai is very exciting to watch as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                    lol does it really?

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                      Yup, and that girl would kick your ****ing ass along with everyone on this forum board.

Comment

Working...
                      X