Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtimes not focusing on profit with Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
    Making money by losing money? Floyd done changed the game

Showtime's New Business Model

Step 1: Hemorrhage Cash
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit
    LOOL this got me, plus, if people aren't buying ppvs on the scale Showtime want them to, where's this growing boxing audience that the TS says they're after?

Plus, it's not like the Mayweather signing got people to give up HBO subscriptions etc, heck Showtime has fewer subscribers if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Picker View Post
      Lmao @ this horse schit. Showtime has been putting on fights since before many of you floyd stans were even born. Try the mid 80s. You minions have really fallen off the deep end with this excuse. Some of the most memorable fights have been on showtime. But now they suddenly "need exposure" after 30 + years of showcasing major fights? What happened to "boxing is a business, if it don't make dollars it don't make sense."? FOH clowns.
      I think people forget that Tyson was contracted to showtime...and didn't lose them money

Comment

They will break even from the Floyd deal if not make a small profit.

Since Floyd made the move to showtime their stable of fighters has grown, if this turns into a highly profitable future remains to be seen. They surely won't be generating any money from Floyd's TMT fighters as they are all garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          LOOL this got me, plus, if people aren't buying ppvs on the scale Showtime want them to, where's this growing boxing audience that the TS says they're after?

Plus, it's not like the Mayweather signing got people to give up HBO subscriptions etc, heck Showtime has fewer subscribers if I'm not mistaken.
          "The Mayweather defection from HBO to Showtime also triggered a split between HBO and Golden Boy, which is the biggest promoter in the fight game and has worked with Mayweather in all of his recent fights. Golden Boy promotes other stars like Alvarez, Adrien Broner, Bernard Hopkins, Amir Khan and Danny Garcia, who all appeared on Showtime this year. Ratings for Showtime Championship Boxing increased 21% over last year and 59% from 2011. “It’s the strongest year of sports programming since Showtime got into this genre,” says Espinoza (Showtime’s first sports programming was boxing in 1986)."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbade...-for-showtime/

Comment

How do you clowns know that SHO is losing money when they are getting a cut from televising Floyd's fights lmao. Exactly how much money is SHO losing? Get a clue lmao. I don't like Pac, Matthysse and didn't like Margarito, but I wouldn't lie on them or their ppv's.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
              SHO did profit. It's only Floyd's haters who say otherwise. Dd HBO lose money over Pac Bradley II? I said did HBO lose money over Pac Bradley II...? Lol
              Ducketts and Sons Ltd - Online Accounting

"Where there's a will, there's a way!"

Frank Ducketts - The chief financial officer

LarryX - vice president

Big Dunn - Accounting manager

PrettyBoy 32, Brandish, J the Unbiased - Accountants and Analysts

Stax on Decks - Public relations Officer

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                "The Mayweather defection from HBO to Showtime also triggered a split between HBO and Golden Boy, which is the biggest promoter in the fight game and has worked with Mayweather in all of his recent fights. Golden Boy promotes other stars like Alvarez, Adrien Broner, Bernard Hopkins, Amir Khan and Danny Garcia, who all appeared on Showtime this year. Ratings for Showtime Championship Boxing increased 21% over last year and 59% from 2011. ***8220;It***8217;s the strongest year of sports programming since Showtime got into this genre,***8221; says Espinoza (Showtime***8217;s first sports programming was boxing in 1986)."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbade...-for-showtime/
                Yep. I was one of those who got duped into buying a SHO subscription when GBP/Mayweather moved over to Showtime. I thought the competition and Mayweather's defection would produce many non PPV fights. It's a waste of money. Non-PPV fights are extremely rare. GBP has many recognizable names in their roster. Many of them are now averaging one fight a year. They put all their eggs in one unprofitable Mayweather basket. I expect to see people canceling their subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                  Making money by losing money? Floyd done changed the game

Showtime's New Business Model

Step 1: Hemorrhage Cash
                  Step 2: ???
                  Step 3: Profit
                  Not sure I agree with the TS but this post is extremely dumb. People invest now and take their losses short term if they believe they will profit in the long run. That's in every industry.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                    BEFORE: Who cares about making the big fights. It's all about money. With Floyd, Showtime is going to rake it in.

AFTER: It doesn't matter that they lost money. It was never about making money. Showtime doesn't care about money. Nobody cares about money. It's about making big fights ...... in the future
                    The only guy that is laughing is Floyd, But Showtime can laugh at HBO PPV numbers all year round.

Comment

Showtimes past 2-3 years:

Increase Viewership/Subscriptions - Check
                      Award wining Sports Documentary - Check
                      Decrease HBO PPV outings securing best dates at venues - Check
                      Generate More revenue(not-profit) than Rival Network - Check
                      Limit HBO pool of fighters by acquiring GoldenBoy- Check
                      Take some of HBOs investments (ie. Steverson) -Check
                      More exposure for GB/Haymon Fighters (thurman, porter etc.) - Check

Comment

Working...
                      X