Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beercules
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuyukut

imho, probably more than that, i'd say 80% at least.

i’m not surprise at all that the fraud ppv flops… you know why?

most Floyd fans beg for streams on fraud’s fight night!

This.

IMO the only fight worth buying was Maidana because he actually beat Floyd 8-4 or 9-3 depending how you scored it. 44-2
    You don't know how to score a fight. Maidaina won 8 rounds?? completely clueless.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      Damn, yall will say anything to promote/protect Pacquiao lmmfao. #Anything
      What's really hilarious is that the Pacquiao fans want to see Floyd and Manny fight, and the Mayweather fans are cool with Floyd's excuses. They continually blame a poor decision 5 years ago, a ****ty offer after Manny changed his mind on the drug testing, but they don't hold Floyd at all accountable for not even being willing to come to the table over the next 4 years.

"Health comes first"
      "I can't afford to give up the PPV split, no way"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        I don't believe so.
        Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        In a perfect world, there would be no PPV's

Boxing would be shown on network TV with no commercials and no censorship

But boxing is a business. If a network loses money they have to cut back their annual boxing budget. The same thing happened to HBO a few years ago when they were still working with GBP. These networks don't have unlimited amount of funds in their boxing budget.
        Dr Rumack, I'm 40 years old this year. Been watching boxing since I was a kid and I can tell you PPV is an absolute necessity in the sport.

Like Check Hooks said, in a perfect world I would agree with you, but the reality is boxing is not mainstream anymore. It's a fringe sport at best and in order for the fighters and promoters to make money, you need to charge.

It's not the NFL, NBA or MLB. Money is made on tv contracts and sponsors, boxing will never generate that because we live in a world where companies will not want to sponsor a violent sport like boxing.

A part of the reason is because of how poor of a job boxing has done in it's marketing. I have always said, the UFC model is genius because of the way they have managed to take a brutal sport like MMA and made it almost main stream.

It's on FOX, CBS and Spi.ke. Boxing has to do something to change that but until then, the PPV's are the only way they will pull a profit. Checkhooks said it best and understands how the budget goes up and down depending on the numbers.

HBO and Showtime aren't into the risk game, they want to see a return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Francis M. View Post
          Lol, Floyd is now responsible for CBS 7% increase? Lol
          The drunk guy under the Mickey costume also wants to take credit for Disneys 1st quarter performance....ha ha ha
          What CBS/Showtime are accomplishing is pretty simple, and your cynicism only illuminates the fact most people don't have the basic understanding of how economics work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            Dr Rumack, I'm 40 years old this year. Been watching boxing since I was a kid and I can tell you PPV is an absolute necessity in the sport.

Like Check Hooks said, in a perfect world I would agree with you, but the reality is boxing is not mainstream anymore. It's a fringe sport at best and in order for the fighters and promoters to make money, you need to charge.

It's not the NFL, NBA or MLB. Money is made on tv contracts and sponsors, boxing will never generate that because we live in a world where companies will not want to sponsor a violent sport like boxing.

A part of the reason is because of how poor of a job boxing has done in it's marketing. I have always said, the UFC model is genius because of the way they have managed to take a brutal sport like MMA and made it almost main stream.

It's on FOX, CBS and Spi.ke. Boxing has to do something to change that but until then, the PPV's are the only way they will pull a profit. Checkhooks said it best and understands how the budget goes up and down depending on the numbers.

I would have put you in your mid-seventies.

Comment

Boxing is on Fox Sports, Tefutura, NBC Sports, and ESPN. Trust me, boxing is more than a fringe sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jermaine83 View Post
                stacked undercards??? was Oscar - Floyd stacked? Floyd - Hatton stacked, Floyd-Marquez stacked? Floyd-Mosley stacked.

Only Canelo and Maidana fights had decent undercards so lets stop going on like Floyd has always done this.. sometimes you guys logic is so silly.

No disrespect but i come across silly dumb comments from Mayweather fans but most Pacman fans take it to another level of stupidity..

am not into cussing peopLe out but GO'T DAMN!!
                my comment still stands and is completely accurate. pac with a crap undercard did pretty much the same as floyd with stacked undercard.

Flom*s open themselves up to this sort of thing by talking so much about money and numbers. if they didn't care about numbers so much it would be a non issue and they wouldn't be so defensive and angry now.

Comment

You guys that are happy this has happened are idiots. We need to support boxing, no matter if it's a fighter you dont' like. If boxing doesn't turn a profit, then guess what, they won't put it on as frequently.

I want ALL fights to do well.
                  I agree but we need to support exciting boxing. Not someone who is saying health first and throws 1 or 2 punches at a time. When casual fans watch this there disappointed.

Comment

• Floyd is like a sliced onion to floyd****s. Everytime he appears, regardless of what he has to say, the greasy little fux start crying their eyes out!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                      The superstars of the sports get paid excessively. The unknown ones building names are left to get chump changed that's why.
                      yes, that is true and it doesnt seem fair but Floyd and Pac got themselves to that level so can't knock them for what they earn. I believe Floyd making sooo much money,will push other athletes to promote themselves more so to maximise their income.. Floyd was not a household name until he became "his own boss" and played the villain role. I feel athletes may need to take this route more than ever now as skills are not appreciated as much and even brawlers are not getting their just due income.. its a shame but that's life, not just boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X