Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I just rewatched the De La Hoya-Trinidad fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    Nice bit of revisionist history taking place in this post.

For the record, it was De La Hoya who turned down the idea of a rematch.

Repeatedly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2607266

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
      Wow just watched the fight again, Trinidad got his ass whipped. One of the biggest robberies of the 90's. It's too bad Felix jr didn't have the cojones to take Oscar up on the rematch, ***in coward. One of the worst things a fighter can do is runaway from a rematch after getting a clear gift.
      so what does that make Oscar who ran away during the actual fight??? He literally ran trying to preserve his victory. That was a ***** move and I'm glad the judges ****ed him on the decision like the cross dressing *** that he is!

Comment

Oscar toyed and kicked the shit out of Trinidad. Didn't let him close with his illegal wraps.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          They should change this section to the "Revisionist History Section"

The amount of baffling, eye brow raising, outright made up scenario's I've seen over the years are absolutely insane.
          Couple that with the rabid Mayweather/Pacquiao obsession and you have the main reasons why I mostly stick to the lounge.

EDIT : We should at least add a forum where users can discuss boxing in terms of what actually happened. Anybody posting false information would be immediately banned. I think that would lead to much more mature conversations regarding the current state of the sport and its history.
          Last edited by ßringer; 05-20-2014, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
            so what does that make Oscar who ran away during the actual fight??? He literally ran trying to preserve his victory. That was a ***** move and I'm glad the judges ****ed him on the decision like the cross dressing *** that he is!
            That's how I feel. I scored the fight for him 8-4 but I have no problem with the decision because he didn't fight the full 12 rounds.

Think about it, he gave away 33% of the fight. So its really an 8 round fight with Tito given a 4-0 handicap. That means in order for Oscar to win he would have to win 7 of the first 8 rounds on all three judges scorecards. In order to do that you have to completely dominate without a shadow of a doubt that nobody in their right mind can score 2 or more rounds to Tito.

You just can't expect to win fights like that. You have no idea what the judges are seeing or looking for.

Comment

this

I never give Trinidad round one. He always uses it as a feeler. So Oscar automatically gets round one. They were back in fourth through round 8. Oscar got on his bike in round 9 and really took off(on his bike) 10-12. Last four rounds go to Trinidad. That leaves 2-8. I seriously doubt anyone can hold there head up with a straight face and say that Oscar sweep those rounds. I assure you he did not.

The last three rounds were so obscene its the moment I will never forget in Boxing. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and at the same time I was in glee cause I knew he just lost the fight. I couldn't explain it. All I surmised was that he tired out of his jump in, throw a flurry and jump back out three times around. He couldnt do it for 12 rounds so he got on his bike.

It was comical that he said he gave trin a boxing lesson. If that was the case he should have taught him some more rounds 9-12. If he was whipping his so bad and skillfully why not keep doing so? It was so easy right. Yea sell that bridge to someone else.

Surprising that no one brings up the issue of 10-8 rounds. When someone loses a round so bad judges can give a 10-8 round. I distinctly recall Oscar not throwing a single punch, running the entire round and Trinidad literally running (seriously) after him and dropping power shots on Oscars face a few times in one of those last rounds. easy 10-8 round.

I have never forgiven Oscar for that fight. Billed as the modern (at the time) haggler v hearns and leonard vs Duran and haggler vs leonard. Oscar talked the biggest game leading up to the fight and then pitty patted most of the fight and marathoned the last 4 rounds. Im still disgusted. He should be embarrassed. More so than that time he faked that he couldn't get up with Hopkins. Hes a show man and a con.

A robbery it was not. The people robbed were the ones who paid for that fight. And Oscar was the robber. Trinidad delivered and did his best to an opponent who wanted no real part of him. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                You just can't expect to win fights like that. You have no idea what the judges are seeing or looking for.
                the problem is the judges had nothing to score besides Tito walking 4ward and hitting air

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  That's how I feel. I scored the fight for him 8-4 but I have no problem with the decision because he didn't fight the full 12 rounds.

Think about it, he gave away 33% of the fight. So its really an 8 round fight with Tito given a 4-0 handicap. That means in order for Oscar to win he would have to win 7 of the first 8 rounds on all three judges scorecards. In order to do that you have to completely dominate without a shadow of a doubt that nobody in their right mind can score 2 or more rounds to Tito.

You're right! He banked on himself winning atleast 7 of the 8 rds and gave away the last four rds. Idiot!!! Also was some coward ****!!! Mexicans talk about Lara saying all he does is runs but then cry about Oscar not getting the decision after he literally ran and threw no punches.
                  Last edited by Bigg Rigg; 05-20-2014, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Trinidad easy HOF. One of the best left hooks in the biz

Comment

The judges still remembers the Quartey fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X