Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Wladimir beats Wilder, Stiverne, Fury, Jennings & Pulev, is he a top 10 ATG HW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Wladimir beats Wilder, Stiverne, Fury, Jennings & Pulev, is he a top 10 ATG HW?

If Wladimir Klitschko at the age of 38 to 42 beats these five HW contenders:

Deontay Wilder
    Bermane Stiverne
    Tyson Fury
    Byrant Jennings
    Kubrat Pulev

Is he top 10 HW on your all-time list?

Will you consider him an ATG HW?

I already have him at #9 on my own list.

I know many have him between 11 and 15, others have him between 16 and 20.
    Yes, he'll have proven himself to be a top 10 ATG HW
    32.26%
    No, he'll never be in my top ten
    20.97%
    He's already in my top 10 ATG HWs
    46.77%

The poll is expired.

Add Chisora, Ruiz Jr & Anthony Joshua (as his retirment fight) to that list then Wladimir would definitely have a case for being in the top 20 at least.

Comment

If he beat all of those fighters he'd likely be in my Top 10 yes.

Comment

The issue is who you leave out, he would certainly be cemented top 15 though I do not particularly rate any of the guys you mentioned bar Pulev and maybe Fury.

I think the top 15 are almost guaranteed in terms of which names are there after that its personal preference when looking at the order. Despite what many people think of Wlad (personally I think he is a boring) he has had a great career so far and all you can ask if for him to be the best in his era and he is clearly a very good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
          If Wladimir Klitschko at the age of 38 to 42 beats these five HW contenders:

Deontay Wilder
          Bermane Stiverne
          Tyson Fury
          Byrant Jennings
          Kubrat Pulev

Is he top 10 HW on your all-time list?

Will you consider him an ATG HW?

I already have him at #9 on my own list.

I know many have him between 11 and 15, others have him between 16 and 20.
          I think hes racked up enough dominating defenses to be close to if not top 10 right now

Comment

Man, that's going to be a tough task. Wlad is 38 years old already so time is ticking. I don't think he gets to most of those heavyweights because of how these mandatory challenges work. As much as Wlad has looked dominant, father time is always inching closer and closer. It happened to all the all-time greats, Wlad is not going to be any different. Wlad is already an all-time great because he faced all-comers in the last 10 years of the division and beat them. It's not his fault that there aren't many worthy challengers out there for him to face.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
              Wlad is already an all-time great because he faced all-comers in the last 10 years of the division and beat them. It's not his fault that there aren't many worthy challengers out there for him to face.
              I think he's already a top 10 ATG HW, but I was wondering if it's still possible for most boxing people to put him in that category.

A lot of people still have him 11-20 right now.

There will always be some haters who will have him below the top 20, but they are a small percentage and their opinion isn't really worth anything.

Comment

Big time klitschko hater here but that being said if wlad ran thru this group of guys easily, his best comp in a long time if ever Def top 10

Comment

I put him above Ali the second he got that win over Alex Leapai.

Comment

So,

erm, well, beating;

David Haye
                    Mariusz Wach
                    Sam Peter
                    Alex Povetkin
                    Hasim Rahman
                    Lamon Brewster
                    Calvin Brock
                    Chris Byrd
                    Frans Botha
                    Monte Barrett
                    Ray Mercer

Thats not enough? wow lol something really not right with the boxing world.

Comment

Working...
                    X