Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Maidana: Highest Selling PPV Of 2014, But…

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd tries to gain every unfair advantage he can get in fights....and he has the right to do that..and I have the right to stream his fights instead of ordering them...

Comment

• Originally posted by sapo13 View Post
      hahahah!!! Try again!!!

where do I start??

Victor Ortiz was the lineal w.b.c champion at the time!!!

Robert Gurrero was the #1 ranked and mandatory Challenger!!

whens the last time pac faced the #1 or his mandatory? cuz pac seems to vacate his titles more than defend them!!!

and last...

Mayweather PPV is STILL double the numbers of pacquaios last fight!!

so please if you have a valid point we would love for you to make it!!
      All that means ****, Manny was the #1 or #2 P4P fighter in the world. A guy with ONE title and a guy with no title can't even hold Manny's wallet. Floyd ducked Manny hard, get over it. (And I like Floyd more than Manny, but it's a fact.)

Comment

• Originally posted by JustinFloyd View Post
        Ali is not Rich Coward and obviously not "Health comes first" boxer... so where did you get that idea? lol!
        Your post only strengthens my argument. Thank you very much. Radio Raheem...see what i'm sayin'!

Comment

• Good numbers against an opponent that was never on Ppv just like Guerrero fight, Floyd broke records for Showtime with Canelo fight so Im sure they made their money off of him

Comment

• The fact is WHOEVER is paying Floyd lost a ****load of money, period. The Guerrero fight bombed hard too and the same person was footing that bill... It's the promoter who pays the fighter (Golden Boy or Top Rank.) The reason they get a cut is because all the fighters do is train and fight (I'm not saying it's easy just keep reading.) The person paying those fighters essentially puts the money UP FRONT to set up the ring and mainly (most importantly) marketing the fight.

This is where we will get the *****'s saying Floyd does it all but that's a lie. Golden Boy pays for those spots on the NBA games, the radio ads, the billboards, the internet commercials and banners. They have a MARKETING TEAM that needs to be paid to do this on top of the advertising space. The promoter needs to get paid just like the fighter (not as much, but they do a job as well.) Oscar came back for one reason, HIS money (he owns over 50% stock in Golden Boy) is getting used with nothing coming back in return.

Comment

• He sell more than Pacquiao doe

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Your post only strengthens my argument. Thank you very much. Radio Raheem...see what i'm sayin'!
                Great another alt. Just what we need.

Ali will always be greater than Floyd, when your best win is Diego Corrales there's a big problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustinFloyd View Post
                  Ali is not Rich Coward and obviously not "Health comes first" boxer... so where did you get that idea? lol!
                  Maybe this will help:

"Back when Muhammad Ali was still Cassius Clay, he hit upon a plan to sell tickets to his fights. Ali studied the antics of a professional wrestler who went by the name of Gorgeous George. George loudly proclaimed both his beauty and his superiority over his prospective opponents. Everybody hated him and they flocked to his matches to see him get beat. He only seldom got beat. The more he trash talked, the more people hated him, the more they flocked to his matches to see him get beaten. The more he won, the more people hated him, the more they flocked to his matches to see him get beaten. The trick was to keep winning. If a trash talker made a habit of losing, he was a laughingstock, not a villain. Of course, fixed matches kept George winning, but talent kept Ali on top. "

http://bobdekle.blogspot.com/2014/01...ammad-ali.html

Comment

• The fight was poorly promoted just like the Guerrero fight. There were no city-to-city press tour. Floyd and Maidana didn't even had a face-to-face pose until the second/last press conference. They can't afford to do press tour unless Floyd is fighting a recognizable big named fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shambrolic View Post
                      They keep saying massive loss yet HBO has shown less mega bouts and isn't showcasing the Russell Lomachenko fight. They also didn't show the Crawford Bruns fight earlier this year. There are so many fights they haven't covered... And this is the fighters in their stable.
                      Bro, you're reaching with the HBO shade....

Russell-Lomachenko went to purse bids and GBP outbid Top Rank (which may have been shady if you look at what the bids were, but that's just me). Point is, the PROMOTERS bid for that bout. Not the networks.

Also Crawford Burns didn't get shown on HBO because it was in the UK. It was in the late afternoon EST here in the states and HBO was showing Chavez-Vera II that same night anyways.

Comment

Working...
                      X