Comments Thread For: Alvarado Feels Ref Blew Call, Not Happy With Scores

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike stfu, just stfu.

Comment

don't mind alvarado whining he's just emulating marguez style after a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        Mike is gonna feel like an idiot when he watches the replay
        No he won't. His argument is that because the referee interfered with his attack, that it should be scored a knock down. Not that Marquez's gloves touched the canvas.

It's like in baseball, catcher's interference. Where if the catcher's glove interferes with the batter's bat in a hit/out, the ball is called dead and the batter gets to go to first base even though he didn't even get a hit.

Or in NBA, goal tending, you get the points even though the ball did not go in, but it probably would have if the defending player didn't put his hand in the way or whatever.

I think there could be a case here of "ref inference" too bad it's not a rule. But like I said, JMM clearly won but we should not put down Alvarez's complaint. He is frustrated, wore the colors of the Mexican flag, got boo'ed by all the Mexicans, lost clearly and felt he should have gotten an extra KD.

Comment

Hopefully the promoters are smart not to put him in a fight where it is likely to be a war. Let him build up on the co-feature of a televised or ppv card.

Comment

Man, he was doing so swell too. Taking his ass kicking by a P4P like a man, then this....dude you lost (Mike) your only complain should be why you didn't make this a fight from the get-go. You got far behind early, there was no cokjng back even though you were exchanging rounds towards the end.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              No he won't. His argument is that because the referee interfered with his attack, that it should be scored a knock down. Not that Marquez's gloves touched the canvas.

It's like in baseball, catcher's interference. Where if the catcher's glove interferes with the batter's bat in a hit/out, the ball is called dead and the batter gets to go to first base even though he didn't even get a hit.

Or in NBA, goal tending, you get the points even though the ball did not go in, but it probably would have if the defending player didn't put his hand in the way or whatever.

I think there could be a case here of "ref inference" too bad it's not a rule. But like I said, JMM clearly won but we should not put down Alvarez's complaint. He is frustrated, wore the colors of the Mexican flag, got boo'ed by all the Mexicans, lost clearly and felt he should have gotten an extra KD.
              Part of his argument was that it was a close fight that he edged out. Also that he deserved the decision and that the crowd swayed the judges. And that there should have been a second knock down because Marquez's gloves hit the canvas. His direct quote was "I saw his gloves touch the floor". All of that is completely false and will make him feel like an idiot after viewing the fight.
              Last edited by Jocknerd94; 05-18-2014, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
                don't mind alvarado whining he's just emulating marguez style after a fight.
                At least a majority of the time Marquez's so called whining is based in reality of a close fight. Alvarado on the other hand is in dream land.

Comment

No show first half

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                  Man, he was doing so swell too. Taking his ass kicking by a P4P like a man, then this....dude you lost (Mike) your only complain should be why you didn't make this a fight from the get-go. You got far behind early, there was no cokjng back even though you were exchanging rounds towards the end.
                  Exactly...he didnt show up til the 6th round, was a draw from there...but, yeah, he lost...think his head still messed up from Provo fight...sad...and why is he with the same trainer??? Not a fan of Garcia, but he needs the offensive training( re-training?)

Comment

Alvarado's trainer is garbage, go to the cutman u had for the Rios fight (I think his name is Rudy Hernandez) he gave Mike excellent boxing advice during that Rios fight but this guy Shawn honestly gets on my nerves a lil bit

Comment

Alvarado: Yeah, I won the fight *blows out crack smoke from glass pipe.

Comment

Working...
                      X