Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch has the most horrendous technique and skill level of any ''elite'' fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This link here gives a small insight of his weird punching style, very tense like Dan said, looks like lunging robotic blows with no angles or accuracy.

http://campizonemma.blogspot.co.uk/2...-teh-gifs.html

Comment

Yet, it has gotten him to this point.

The standard technique doesn't work for everyone. Vicente Escobedo has good technique, but how well has he done?

Naseem Hamed had one of the worst techniques if looked upon from a basic fighter's perspective, but it got him where he did, so it's all about what works for you.

As for Groves exposing him, well there is always that one fighter who gets to you that is if you fight everyone you were supposed to unlike Calzaghe and Ottke.

For this fight I believe Froch will stop him for real.
      Last edited by Box-Office; 05-14-2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Froch was getting to Taylor throughout that fight. Taylor doesn't have a good defence and was getting tagged by clean shots.
        meh.. he got a good right hand through from time to time but couldnt really hurt taylor until much later on so i wouldnt say he was getting to him. besides taylor was landing much more big shots, legitimately hurting (and dropping) froch as well as controlling the fight.

all in all taylor was outboxing him early, froch had his moments but it was taylors fight until he started to fade from the pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
          Holy sh** some wild ass foxes outside screaming.
          lmao i spit my drink out reading this

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            You make him sound like he's Margarito or something. Froch has a very good jab and throws straight punches. His biggest flaw is that he's slow as fuk. He brawls against fighters with speed because that's his best way to win. Not saying he's a master boxer but he's not a face first brawler either.
            That's funny. Froch makes Margarito look like sweet pea in the ring. Froch literally is just a come forward fighter, which is not a bad thing considering his physical abilities. Sht even Rios is more technical then Froch

Comment

Originally posted by Sun Diego View Post
              That's funny. Froch makes Margarito look like sweet pea in the ring. Froch literally is just a come forward fighter, which is not a bad thing considering his physical abilities. Sht even Rios is more technical then Froch
              A come forward fighter would have been KO'd quickly against Abraham. Froch boxed his ears off from range for all 12 rounds. He outboxed Kessler for pretty much the first half of their rematch. Kessler couldn't get past his jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
                Groves was right! I don't like Groves and I'm a Froch fan but the truth hurts! Groves is gonna beat Froch!

Froch's footwork and balance is absolutely horrendous, he has the reflexes of a 90yr old, his hands and feet are slow as hell, and his defence is non existent!

But what has kept him going is the fact that he has a ridiculous chin and seemingly limitless stamina, with decent power that doesn't fade... He is a freak of nature in regards to his chin and stamina but other than that his skills and the other attributes I mentioned are horrendous..

He only won around 3 rounds in the Taylor fight (great fight btw) 4 MAX. Although he got that W, but it glossed over his glaring limitations.

Groves really exposed Froch and it was more obvious due to the mans age. You can't keep using using your face as defence and eating punches like a Sunday roast

Groves just needs to make sure he has his stamina maxed out, hopefully he worked on that in camp and has been doing 15 round sparring sessions because that's all he needs, to work on his endurance because other than his chin and stamina there is nothing Froch does better than him!

I'm gonna put a bet on Groves to win this, anyone else?

Henry Armstrong would like a word with you.

Comment

Funny to me how people adamantly defend Froch's unorthodoxy then turn around and **** on Maidana.

It's like 2-3 candidates for the hypocrisy award in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                    Funny to me how people adamantly defend Froch's unorthodoxy then turn around and **** on Maidana.

It's like 2-3 candidates for the hypocrisy award in this thread.
                    Maidana and Froch fight nothing alike.

Comment

Froch has good stamina, a chin and good power. He also has plenty of heart. That goes a long way in today's super middleweight division.

Comment

Working...
                      X