No announcement yet.

It's Pretty Well Accepted Maidana Won Rds 8, 12

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
    where are the gifs where he is landing consistently? i've seen the same two or three gifs where he's throwing like 7-8 punch combinations while barely landing anything over and over. maidana's work was getting smothered, blocked or partially blocked. virtually no clean work.....floyd's work was clean and his defense was much better....i'll give maidana ring generalship cause it was his type of fight but most of his aggression was ineffective cause he was missing and getting countered. that's 3 outta the 4 rules we use to judge boxing rounds that maidana was unsuccessful at for the vast majority of the fight.
    It's not their fault, that's the best they can come up with.

While on the other hand, there's tons of...

Comment

• We can all agree that Maidana won the first five very close. After the sixth we can all agree Maidana won at least two rounds.

Is 115-113 for Maidana is very feasible. On to the next challenge for Floydr

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        It's not their fault, that's the best they can come up with.

While on the other hand, there's tons of...

with exception of 1 or 2, most the maidana gifs are pathetic tbh, and i like maidana. i've seen more gifs of maidana using dirty tactics(low blows, rabbit punches,muy thai knees, bill goldberg spears.....etc) than gifs of maidana doing any clean work.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Boxing is scored by the rounds. The 5 rounds I gave to Maidana I did score his work. You acting as if everybody scored the fight 12-0 Mayweather. Fact of the matter is Floyd won more rounds. Simple as that. You have to literally give Maidana EVERY SINGLE CLOSE ROUND IN THE FIGHT to arrive at a draw or if you want to stretch it even further, give him another round and give him a gift decision.

And no, those 2 fights were NOTHING like Floyd vs. Maidana. In fact, I would say Canelo and Broner were more comparable to Floyd because it wasn't about volume/activity; in all 3 cases it was about who landed the cleaner, more effective punches in the scoring zone.

The judges score cards were 100% fair. One judge gave Maidana all of the close rounds. One judge gave Floyd all of the close rounds. The 3rd judge gave Floyd the 3rd and 4th and Maidana the 12th.

You guys are literally complaining because EVERY SINGLE CLOSE ROUND IN THE FIGHT wasn't purchased, wrapped and gifted with a Bow-tie and a Valentine's Day card for Maidana.
          The 117-111 card wasn't a result of all the close rounds going to mayweather.. It was a case of all the close rounds and 1 or 2 of the clear rounds for the other guy going to Mayweather.

They are similar in that Canelo and Broner were OUTLANDED to the "scoring zone", but won their respective fights because their punches were perceived to have done more damage. Maidana would follow this mode. Although he was supposedly outlanded (debatable), he was landing the more damaging blows.

Truth is Floyd didn't have many crystal clear rounds. It's as you say, a 12 rounded fight that is scored round by round. Floyd did look very impressive in rounds 7 and 9...and his peerless performance in those rounds may color the perception of some as to how he was doing the whole fight. But it's a round to round fight. Truth is Maidana won the first 6 rounds 4-2 or at least tied it at 3-3. Giving Floyd 3 rounds of the first 6 is actually EXTReMELY generous but whatever...I'm sure that's what you did.

After 6 Floyd won 7, and 9th, and probably the 10th.

Going into the championship rounds and being extremely generous to May... That's 6 rounds. So then did you proceed to give the championship rounds to Floyd as well? Oh I see.. You gave him one.

Problem is Maidana can easily be 4-2 in the first 6 rounds and the championship rounds are so close he could easily have snagged those as well. Throw in the 8th which is a lock for Maidana and what do you get? 7-5

It seems to me like both sides are jockeying for rounds. All the close rounds to Maidana does NOT give him a draw.. It gives him a win. All the close rounds to Floyd gives him the win. No fair configuration that exists justifies 117-111 for Floyd. Point. Blank. Period. Because Maidana won at the very LEAST 4 rounds. 116-112 is a score for Floyd that gives him every close round.

Hard fight to score. There are 3-4 very close rounds.

Comment

with exception of 1 or 2, most the maidana gifs are pathetic tbh, and i like maidana. i've seen more gifs of maidana using dirty tactics(low blows, rabbit punches,muy thai knees, bill goldberg spears.....etc) than gifs of maidana doing any clean work.
            Then don't look at a gif.. Watch the ****ing fight.

I just watched the replay with my chair right up on my 65 inch hd screen.... No distractions... Nothing. If I'm trying to suspend my bias.... It's really a wash. Either guy could have won depending how you award the close rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
              Then don't look at a gif.. Watch the ****ing fight.

I just watched the replay with my chair right up on my 65 inch hd screen.... No distractions... Nothing. If I'm trying to suspend my bias.... It's really a wash. Either guy could have won depending how you award the close rounds.
              I have watched the "****ing fight" 6 times......i had it 8-4 mayweather. there is no case for maidana winning, unless you change the rules on how to score boxing rounds.

Comment

I have watched the "****ing fight" 6 times......i had it 8-4 mayweather. there is no case for maidana winning, unless you change the rules on how to score boxing rounds.
                Then you give May every close round. Great.

Comment

That's just because Maidana didn't land much that was clear and clean. And he missed tons of shots. So they all are finding it difficult to make cool gifs showing that. They can only gather up a few and then it tragically ends there.

@ goldberg spears

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
                    Then you give May every close round. Great.
                    i actually gave maidana every close round........11 and 12 were NOT close rounds. 3 and 8 were close rounds tbh.

Comment

i actually gave maidana every close round........11 and 12 were NOT close rounds. 3 and 8 were close rounds tbh.
                      11 and 12 were close, as was the 6th

1,3,4,5, 8. Chino

2, 7, 9, 10 mayweather

All the close rounds give May a 115-113 victory
                      All the close rounds give Chino 116-112

Switch the third and it takes it to 116-112 for May... (Extremely ****ing generous).

Lmao at you cats scrounging for rounds in the first 6! You didn't give Chino the 3rd based on what? And the 8th is a close round for you? That was one of the easiest rounds to score for Chino.

Comment

Working...
                      X