No announcement yet.

How does Mikey Garcia look now that

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
    it seems like nowadays when a coward fighter is matched up with a tough opponent they go running to al haymon. it's like al haymon has become the witness protection program for scared fighters.

first stevenson, and now chavez jr and mikey are most likely going to run into the arms of papa haymon.

but there is only one who they can never run from and that's god.
    wow real talk man

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
      Yup those are the two possible scenarios,but it's just impossible for me to say which one went down with certainty, especially knowing how two faced Arum is, he is a master of the dark side. Could be a duck, or Mikey could have been misguided in the process of getting screwed as well, or maybe even both who knows. The result is the same, we the fans all got screwed out of a great match up. Crawford vs Gamboa not a bad consolation price tho. I'm actually less confident on Gamboa's chances in this fight than vs Garcia . No real trainer, bunch of rust, and on top of that he looks like a midget next to the guy.
      Isn't it ironic? The Crawford fight, while excellent, concerns us more than a Garcia fight. It just kills me that, after all that garbage, sweating to make the Mikey fight a reality, the Crawford fight was signed, sealed and delivered in record time. WTF? Did things really have to be so damn complicated with Mikey? Doesn't look that way from where I'm standing...which brings us back to the TS's original question....

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
        Eh thats a straight up lie he ****ted on Gamboa because he said and i quote " he screwed me over with the rios fight who the fk is he" You sir are ill informed and if anything to me it looked like bob did that on purpose after Gamboa blew everyones spot when he revealed he was willing to take much less on twitter because bob fked the fight up literally a day after. Maybe Bob was in the process of screwing your boy over feeding him lies, but one thing is a fact what you spewing is incorrect.

"Garcia-Gamboa is not going to happen because, frankly, who the **** is Gamboa? Why should he be getting as much money as Garcia? He hasn't fought on HBO. He ****ed me in the Rios fight. What kind of **** is this? What, 50 Cent singing songs? It's not going to happen."

You're right, those are the kindest words I've ever heard in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck
          Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

I will. Was he at the negotiations table? Or was he repeating the same bs he read/heard on twitter?

But you will try to discredit Arum's quote cause "he's a liar," right?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

The dude just shytted on Gamboa and 50cent for asking for too much, now you wanna quote him.

You are definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed.
          You see, your logic is flawed. Your post would make sense if I actually cared about Gamboa's career, which I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            You see, your logic is flawed. Your post would make sense if I actually cared about Gamboa's career, which I don't.

You would be right, only problem is that you're in every Gamboa thread, for a person who doesn't care about someone, you sure show a lot of interest in Gamboa's career.

Funny how you're always top 3 in the most post in Gamboa threads, Just imagine if you actually cared.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck
              Quote:
              You would be right, only problem is that you're in every Gamboa thread, for a person who doesn't care about someone, you sure show a lot of interest in Gamboa's career.

Funny how you're always top 3 in the most post in Gamboa threads, Just imagine if you actually cared.
              I'm top 3 in A LOT of threads not just Gamboa threads. So keep doing your detective work, Mr Holmes.

I've been very clear about how I feel about Gamboa.

Comment

I love how everyone conveniently ignores the fact that Mikey Garcia has sued his promoter to invalidate his contract. I'm guessing that doesn't impact the fight falling through, whatsoever. Nor the fact that Mikey refused to sign an extension with Top Rank. All of which are documented in his lawsuit, which was actually provided in a BS article. Irregardless of who "priced themselves out," this fight was contingent on a contract extension. It's just ridiculous that posters can ignore actual documentation as to why the fight fell through. The fact that Crawford agreed to the fight and was "completed in record time" is mutually exclusive from Mikey's predicament. Utter lack of logic.

This would be the equivalent of calling Chavez Jr. a duck for not accepting a 5 year extension with top rank to fight GGG.

He's ducking doe.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
                  I love how everyone conveniently ignores the fact that Mikey Garcia has sued his promoter to invalidate his contract. I'm guessing that doesn't impact the fight falling through, whatsoever. Nor the fact that Mikey refused to sign an extension with Top Rank. All of which are documented in his lawsuit, which was actually provided in a BS article. Irregardless of who "priced themselves out," this fight was contingent on a contract extension. It's just ridiculous that posters can ignore actual documentation as to why the fight fell through. The fact that Crawford agreed to the fight and was "completed in record time" is mutually exclusive from Mikey's predicament. Utter lack of logic.

This would be the equivalent of calling Chavez Jr. a duck for not accepting a 5 year extension with top rank to fight GGG.

He's ducking doe.
                  You don't see that word written every day

And bro this is NSB, providing proof only weakens your arguments here.
                  Last edited by Adamjr91; 05-10-2014, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
                    He looks good imo. He's trying to end his promotional contract, and would have been subject to a likely 5 year extension to take that fight. Instead, he's fighting to be free and test the market. In fact, his contract already ended, he's trying to invalidate a clause that extends past the contract dates.
                    so when Gamboa did the exact same thing he was ducking rios...

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                      so when Gamboa did the exact same thing he was ducking rios...
                      I wasn't around for that, and I wouldn't have called that a duck.

I'm not saying you can't have that opinion, but to try and glorify it as anything more than an opinion is ludicrous.

Comment

Working...
                      X