No announcement yet.

How does Mikey Garcia look now that

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
    Except you are ill informed and dont have the facts, and are completely wrong about Gamboa and even before the facts that have come out did, everything pointed to what we all know now to be true before hand. Now that Arum doesn't have to lick Mikey's taint he is letting loose and blabbing about what really happened confirming it to us all in case you didnt know telling everyone what really happened ....here some facts for ya.

Quote:

"This fight is just as good, maybe better than Garcia-Gamboa," Arum said. "We just couldn't live with Mikey's financial demands. A lot of it was fueled by other people, who told him that Gamboa was getting $1.5 million and he was only getting $750,000, which was ludicrous and wrong. But we made a good fight here. Gamboa does have a lot of power, but like most Cuban fighters he's very cautious and a very good boxer. Crawford is a superb boxer.

People talking about Gamboa pricing himself out are clearly mistaken ill informed or just like mikey that much I guess.
    Thanks for posting that Arum quote. I wanted to find it. Not that Arum's words are necessarily to be trusted (especially now that he and Garcia are at odds), but it's important to acknowledge what Bob said about his own fighter. Aside from Mikey and Yuri, he's the only one I'm aware of who's offered any insight on what actually happened to that fight. Also, it came out soon after the fight fell through (and before the rift between promoter and fighter became public) that HBO wanted Gamboa -- and only Gamboa -- for that date.

Comment

Where's the PACnPBFSUCK dude? Mikey fans just got owned with that quote.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        Where's the PACnPBFSUCK dude? Mikey fans just got owned with that quote.

Call this guy a liar

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        That's not true. They wanted HBO to match Showtime's offer, HBO confirmed this and they decided to pass.

Michel was pretty clear a deal would have been done if a fight with Kovalev if they received a license fee like Ward-Rodriguez. It's an embarrassment that Stevenson-Kovalv was offered 2 million and Gamboa was set to make 1.5 for Garcia. And that fight fell apart because Garcia did not receive his requested 1.7. Rios, coming off a loss, got 4 million, nearly double of the entire Stevenson-Kovalve fee, for Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
          Yup, happens quick don't it
          Best I could tell, Gamboa was doing everything in his power to make that fight happen, but it wasn't enough for the Garcia camp. Yuri publicly stated that he would accept whatever purse to make the fight a reality. The best Mikey's supporters could say in his defense was that it was "too late." "Too late?" What the fuck is that? This is business. If the Garcia people truly ever wanted to do the fight, they would've accepted Gamboa's offer, even if it was made at the last second.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            Thanks for posting that Arum quote. I wanted to find it. Not that Arum's words are necessarily to be trusted (especially now that he and Garcia are at odds), but it's important to acknowledge what Bob said about his own fighter. Aside from Mikey and Yuri, he's the only one I'm aware of who's offered any insight on what actually happened to that fight. Also, it came out soon after the fight fell through (and before the rift between promoter and fighter became public) that HBO wanted Gamboa -- and only Gamboa -- for that date.

Yep there it is straight of the troll horses mouth not some site or some he said she said **** right from the real source.BUT you are right and Want to know something? I think Bob could have easily been the one responsible for misleading Mikey about the numbers in the first place trying to get an extension or some other dirty **** of the sort.

It would not surprise me one bit, and Gamboa blew his spot when he said " I fight Mikey for anything" etc...Bob imploded the fight literally a day after talking **** about Gamboa. People are just ill informed or somehow keep clinging and repeating that Gamboa priced himself out which we know now is not true for a fact, and in the first place was a stupid thought to begin with. Mikey is the bigger draw and Gamboa needed it more, and he made it quite obvious going on twitter literally saying he fight for anything just to get them to agree like a ******. That fight probably fell through because of some shady business not Mikey ducking or being a pus pus, but was deff not Gamboa's fault
            Last edited by DannYankee; 05-10-2014, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck
              Quote:
              Call this guy a liar

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP

That's not true. They wanted HBO to match Showtime's offer, HBO confirmed this and they decided to pass.

Michel was pretty clear a deal would have been done if a fight with Kovalev if they received a license fee like Ward-Rodriguez. It's an embarrassment that Stevenson-Kovalv was offered 2 million and Gamboa was set to make 1.5 for Garcia. And that fight fell apart because Garcia did not receive his requested 1.7. Rios, coming off a loss, got 4 million, nearly double of the entire Stevenson-Kovalve fee, for Pacquiao.
              I will. Was he at the negotiations table? Or was he repeating the same bs he read/heard on twitter?

But you will try to discredit Arum's quote cause "he's a liar," right?

Comment

Yep there it is straight of the troll horses mouth not some site or some he said she said **** right from the real source.BUT you are right and Want to know something? I think Bob could have easily been the one responsible for misleading Mikey about the numbers in the first place trying to get an extension or some other dirty **** of the sort.
                I wouldn't doubt that at all. It's not my first thought, but I certainly wouldn't argue against it.

It would not surprise me one bit, and Gamboa blew his spot when he said " I fight Mikey for anything" etc...Bob imploded the fight literally a day after talking **** about Gamboa. People are just ill informed or somehow keep clinging and repeating that Gamboa priced himself out which we know now is not true for a fact, and in the first place was a stupid thought to begin with. Mikey is the bigger draw and Gamboa needed it more, and he made it quite obvious going on twitter literally saying he fight for anything just to get them to agree like a ******. That fight probably fell through because of some shady business not Mikey ducking or being a pus pus, but was deff not Gamboa's fault
                My belief is that Mikey ducked Yuri, and that's something you'll rarely, if ever, hear me say. The ultimate reasons were financial. As I agreed before, it wouldn't be surprising if Arum had something to do with it. In any case, it seems clear to me that Gamboa was desperate to make the fight happen and was willing to bend over backwards for it. Everything we've seen and read seems to indicate that Yuri did everything one can reasonably expect of him. Of course, since Gamboa made himself look bad with the Rios fiasco, his detractors want to portray him as being incapable of a square deal.

Comment

I will. Was he at the negotiations table? Or was he repeating the same bs he read/heard on twitter?

I think we can all agree that Arum lies (in all fairness, everyone in this business does at some point), but that doesn't mean you can dismiss everything he says as a lie just because it comes out of his mouth. Everything has to be taken on a case by case basis. In this particular case, Arum has said some things which cannot simply be written off as lies. They seem to fit.

Comment

The dude just shytted on Gamboa and 50cent for asking for too much, now you wanna quote him.

You are definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                      The dude just shytted on Gamboa and 50cent for asking for too much, now you wanna quote him.

You are definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Eh thats a straight up lie he ****ted on Gamboa because he said and i quote " he screwed me over with the rios fight who the fk is he" You sir are ill informed and if anything to me it looked like bob did that on purpose after Gamboa blew everyones spot when he revealed he was willing to take much less on twitter because bob fked the fight up literally a day after. Maybe Bob was in the process of screwing your boy over feeding him lies, but one thing is a fact what you spewing is incorrect.

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post

My belief is that Mikey ducked Yuri, and that's something you'll rarely, if ever, hear me say. The ultimate reasons were financial. As I agreed before, it wouldn't be surprising if Arum had something to do with it. In any case, it seems clear to me that Gamboa was desperate to make the fight happen and was willing to bend over backwards for it. Everything we've seen and read seems to indicate that Yuri did everything one can reasonably expect of him. Of course, since Gamboa made himself look bad with the Rios fiasco, his detractors want to portray him as being incapable of a square deal.

Yup those are the two possible scenarios,but it's just impossible for me to say which one went down with certainty, especially knowing how two faced Arum is, he is a master of the dark side. Could be a duck, or Mikey could have been misguided in the process of getting screwed as well, or maybe even both who knows. The result is the same, we the fans all got screwed out of a great match up. Crawford vs Gamboa not a bad consolation price tho. I'm actually less confident on Gamboa's chances in this fight than vs Garcia . No real trainer, bunch of rust, and on top of that he looks like a midget next to the guy.
                      Last edited by DannYankee; 05-10-2014, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X