No announcement yet.

Say Carl Froch Beats Groves Again - Greater than Joe Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
    Remove Dirrell and Groves from Froch's resume then we can talk lol.

Calzaghe's (close) win over Hopkins is better than anything Froch has done. They both beat Kessler, but Calzaghe won more decisively (and Froch lost the first fight). Also, Froch's shutout loss to Ward hurts him.

Calzaghe was a much better boxer than Froch anyway.

Will we be removing Reid (horrible decision), B-Hop (another bad decision), Sheika (disgraceful stoppage), Manfredo (worst stoppage ever) from Joe's resume?

Comment

dan cov done gone full ******.

Comment

As for who is greater I'd have to go with the guy with the best resume by far who beat prime quality opposition and wasn't afraid to travel.

Joe spent over a decade fighting absolute scrubs on the Cardiff ice rink. 90% of his wins are premature stoppages where as another 8% are old men.
        His only legitimate decent win is Kessler. Just my two cents. I think he was heavily protected. Reid got robbed against him, so did B-Hop he ducked Glen Johnson like the plague, ducked prime B-Hop, prime RJJ, Pavlik, Froch, Tarver the list is endless.

He owes his entire legacy to Frank Warren

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
          If I remember correctly Calzaghe-Reid could have gone either way. Calzaghe-Hopkins was close but Joe won.

Froch-Dirrell was a borderline robbery, Dirrell won clearly. I can give Froch a pass for Groves, but it's still a controversial win.

How did you have those fights?
          what a complete and utter lie.

Froch threw and landed more punches according to punch stats, frpch wa sleft unmarked dirrell was a bloodied mess despite his running.

The press row scored it to froch more than the ring side judges, jimmy iowa, dan Rafael, many stewart, graham Houston, buncey bigragu, allan green etc all scored to froch.

I scored it 4 rounds to froch and I was there live.

As for Groves, he was getting pummeled and fairly stopped

Calzaghe beats froch, but don't make up things to suit your agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            As for who is greater I'd have to go with the guy with the best resume by far who beat prime quality opposition and wasn't afraid to travel.

Joe spent over a decade fighting absolute scrubs on the Cardiff ice rink. 90% of his wins are premature stoppages where as another 8% are old men.
            His only legitimate decent win is Kessler. Just my two cents. I think he was heavily protected. Reid got robbed against him, so did B-Hop he ducked Glen Johnson like the plague, ducked prime B-Hop, prime RJJ, Pavlik, Froch, Tarver the list is endless.

He owes his entire legacy to Frank Warren

disagree, Joe Calzaghe is simply one of the greatest fighters ive ever seen

No way was he robbed against Hopkins. Hopkins got outlanded in every way possibl. EVEN Feigned a lowblow he couldn't keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
              disagree, Joe Calzaghe is simply one of the greatest fighters ive ever seen

No way was he robbed against Hopkins. Hopkins got outlanded in every way possibl. EVEN Feigned a lowblow he couldn't keep up.

I guess it depends on scoring criteria really. If you liked Joes pitty pat volume, virtually none of which was scoring shots you could give it to Joe.
              If you liked ring generalship & clean, solid counters you would score it for B-Hop.

Joe literally never landed a meaningful punch the entire fight. 115-112 B-Hop in one of the most forgettable stinkfests of the the past decade.

B-Hop clearly won the first five rounds & scored a knockdown in the process. How could one judge possibly score it 116-111 J.C?

Comment

He didn't beat him the first time.

/thread

Comment

I have Froch ahead of Calzaghe at this point regardless of Groves.

Comment

He already surpassed Calzaghe.

Comment

Someone should put all the wins in order of best to worst, top 10 wins?

1. Hopkins (JC)
                      2. Kessler (JC)
                      3. Kessler (CF)
                      4. Pascal (CF)
                      5. Abraham (CF)
                      6. Taylor (CF)
                      7. Bute (CF)
                      8. Groves (CF)
                      9. Jones Jr. (JC)
                      10. Eubank (JC)

I think 6-4 to Froch but Calzaghe maybe ahead due to having better wins, and obviously there's Froch's loss to Kessler.
                      Last edited by Weebler I; 05-07-2014, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X