Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duran: Maidana Won It, Mayweather Will Run in Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's cool to fantasize and dream of a different outcome. But at the end of the day Floyd is 46-0 and the so call controversy is great for online debates and coffee breaks. Meanwhile Floyd added some more belts to his collection.

Comment

Originally posted by 4t1a View Post
      95 percent of boxing fans agree Mayweather won that fight...99.9 percent of Latin America thought Chino won that fight. Hmmmmmm let me guess why.
      %100 of black people think mayweather won, hmmmm I wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by f4314n68 View Post
        %100 of black people think mayweather won, hmmmm I wonder why
        99% of whites also think floyd won the fight - me included

Comment

Originally posted by f4314n68 View Post
          lol I wouldn't put it past mayweather if they got a piece of the pie. SO you think as a flo.mo that the whole croud booing mayweather beside the money team that they DKSAB too? or that they actually saw maidana win the fight on working the whole 12 rounds. years from now people will recognize this as floyds 2nd loss
          The whole crowd always boo Mayweather. They boo'd the Cotto decision aswell.

The fact is, 82% of Press Row scored it for Mayweather. 82%. That's a vast majority territory.

Only 8% of people scored it for Maidana. That's a less percentage of people that scored Garcia-Herrera for Garcia

If anything, years from now people will recognize the fight as not as tough as it actually was, more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            An ATG keeping it real. 95% of boxing fans saw Maidana winning and mayweather is feeling the heat because he said "since fans think I lost I want the rematch". Maidana won't give him the rematch if he wants sparring gloves again though.

WAR MAIDANAAA BABYYY!!! I still watch the fight and it's just incredible to see everybody going crazy for Maidana and celebrating his victory after the fight. Memorable night, we ****ing did it!!!!!!!!!!
            I thought it was a draw also. Those scores were atrocious.

Comment

Just like you had cramps, huh Roberto?

Comment

Say What U Want, Maidana SWEPT The First 6 Rounds; NO WAY He Lost The Last 6

Mathematically speaking it doesn't add up. Floyd did not win all 6 of the final rounds. He had no answer for the first six, covered up, laid on the ropes, took a beating, complained to the referee, losing all 6 rounds. Just Boxing politics. The judges didn't anticipate Maidana's aggression. Vegas is literally home for Mayweather. No way were they prepared to put a blemish on Floyd's record. All week they heard everything from 6-1, to 11-1 favorite over Maidana. Duran was absolutely right. Floyd had no answer, his corner had no answer, he was getting pounded, he doesn't like getting hit, and he had to stand and fight to survive. He didn't fight because he "wanted to give the fans a show"... that's all BS trying to protect his image. He fought because Maidana made him fight every second of every round. Just like Bradley getting decisions over Pacquiao and Provo. Just a screw job by biased Vegas judges and the influence of the MGM & Showtime. That's what you get. Floyd will go back, watch this fight 50 times, and hit and run, hit and tie up, hit and run, hit and clinch in a rematch, which is just a puzzy way to show up and defend your title. And you'll be happy to know Floyd gets $70M when it's all added up this week, and Maidana was guaranteed $1.8M.
                Last edited by TLC8; 05-06-2014, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                  that beating tommy hearns gave him probably still messing with his head
                  At least he had the balls to step in the ring with the Hitman despite him being at a great disadvantage in many ways. Honestly- what do you think Floyd would say if you told him right now he had to fight a prime Tommy Hearns at 154, no catchweights, no pillows for his next fight?

Be honest now.

Comment

And at the end of the day the right man won. Loser

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                      I expect Hagler to give his statement and say Maidana won it too. What else is new?
                      And probably Tyson, etc. the usual suspects.

Duran predicted Guerrero would beat Floyd.

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...ir-take--46143

The hate is strong with Duran. I don't remember him ever saying anything good about Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X