Collapse
No announcement yet.

did you lose respect for Robert Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never cared for R.Garcia after the roach incident, attention whore with Elle, and the super wrong gameplan for Rios vs. PAC, Donaire vs. Rigo and Margarito vs. PAC......BUT .....I like him as a trainer at times when it came to the gloves Maidana was going to use (I do not believe they had enough padding, for real) and Garcia knew that, that was just a way to try to get under Floyd's skin (I think it worked). Telling Leonard Ellerbe that "I smell something else" that was just hilarious and priceless. I remember reading Roach said he would never tell a fighter to head butt, but has heard other trainers have, just take the point taken and hope the one who was headbutt loses focus and the one who headbutts take advantage with smart boxing. It's just head games, Floyd is a master at that also. They were both dirty, Maidana and Floyd. It was a good fight that I believe could of gone either was or a draw. Depends on what you are looking for.
    Did Mayweather dominate him hell no, did Maidana dominate, no. Great fight tho

Comment

Originally posted by heyhi1 View Post
      Forgot about that. Also forgot how his brother isn't in the gym helping even tho hes a trainer. Robert Garcia definitely is a scumbag.
      i agree he had maidana fighting dirty on purpose.. then called bull**** at the end of the decision.

Comment

I always been a fan .He's a real dude n hes cool to watch on that ****** and halfs esnnews. But to many signs hes a scumbag. 1 he sticks up for Eli just cause of the publicly. Eli isn't the type of guy him or anyone at that gym would chill with.
        2 Working with margarito after the hand wrap scandal
        3 The game plan he had for Chino. As a boxing fan I like watching good brawls too, but the low blows and dirty tactics he had planned is really an embarrassment to boxing. I used to take sides with him about not getting trainer of the year but im starting to see why He didn't. Not for nothing but meMexicans are seen a certain way and he just proved that way to be correct.
        Yes he should have never gave into the pillow gloves. It was Floyd who was going to lose money Chino was going to get paid to fight or not to fight cause the gloves were not in the contract and Floyd would have lost in court

Comment

Maybe he shouldn't be so loud and obvious in telling his fighters to be outright dirty all on camera lol, but I appreciate fighters being mean in championship level fights. Both Floyd and Marcos are mean dudes inside the ring..and both usually have the foul me and I'll foul back mentality. They took some liberties until the referee said something. Not really mad at that. With a sturdy ref, most of the time it works itself out and we still get a good fight... nothing that embarrassed me as a boxing fan.

Comment

I think Robert Garcia is a helluva trainer. I think he's old school. Listen Garcia didn't make chino dirty, he's always been dirty he just helped chino reach his full potential. :-D isn't that what trainers are supposed to do? No Robert Garcia, chino doesn't do as well or worst this fight never happens.

Comment

Originally posted by ATG_Vespasian View Post
              There's speculation he threw the bottle in Lil Wayne's face too. I can only imagine the reaction if the roles were reversed. I don't think we'd ever hear the end of it.

Threw a bottle and ran like a little *****.
              Yeah cuz wtf would lil Wayne's lame ass do about it anyway. Dude ain't got no combat skills. Wayne was running his mouth he's lucky he didn't step up cause I know Garcia would put him on his ass quick.

Comment

Originally posted by ATG_Vespasian View Post
                This has nothing to do with Floyd? what's wrong with you?

We're talking about Garcia and Lil Wayne. The strategy that Maidana employed to win the fight is full of dirty fighting and whatnot, but I don't care one way or another about Garcia doing that. I think Maidana tried to give his all to win. So it makes sense why he fought dirtier than ever. That's not the issue.

I'm talking about the bottle thrown. Don't you think that crossed the line of professionalism?
                That was retaliation for Broner's ignorant comments.
                So I have no problem with what Robert did. Robert should have knocked out that ugly mofo. Lil' Lame should be happy Robert didn't swing at him.

I hope the City of Oxnard makes a statue of Robert Garcia (throwing the bottle). He deserves it.

Props Robert G. We love you!

Comment

Forgot about that. Also forgot how his brother isn't in the gym helping even tho hes a trainer. Robert Garcia definitely is a scumbag.
                  Wtf are you talking about his brother isn't in the gym because he took Roberts fighter from him Behind his back all because victor felt it was 2 "hard" training with Robert. Danny's dissed robert numerous times threw the media. So ure mad that maidanas game plan was to bully floyd,well how about the fact that his own damn fighter was disrespected to the point where he wasn't allowed to use his own fu!!in gloves. It's boxing, not god damn water polo
                  Last edited by Chiboxing123; 05-06-2014, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
                    Yeah cuz wtf would lil Wayne's lame ass do about it anyway. Dude ain't got no combat skills. Wayne was running his mouth he's lucky he didn't step up cause I know Garcia would put him on his ass quick.
                    ^^^^THISS wayne deserved what was coming to him

Comment

Once again, taking a fighter's gloves away two hours before a massive PPV main event is 100x dirtier than anything Chino did in the ring on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                      X