Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Mayweather vs Maidana...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In round 5 Maidana looked like an overall better fighter then Mayweather.

Why some people only see him as a slow caveman is beyond me

I guess people don't understand have though you have to be in order to what Maidana does.

After Garcia have polished him, the guy is a straight up killer

Even with his baby face, he is a mans man if there ever was one

I think he scared the **** out of floyd
    Last edited by 110110110; 05-17-2014, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Well clean punching is a scoring criteria.

Throwing more punches isn't.
      throwing more punches isn't, but pressure and ring generalship are, or at least affect scoring. A light but firm jab keeping your opponent away or setting up a punch is not equal to a well placed body shot with force, for example, which is my point. I can't give a round to a guy who scored the cleaner punches if his opponent landed about the same amount, while fighting his fight, controlling the pace, and landing the harder shots. I just can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
        115-113 Maidana.
        Good post. I can definitely see that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Just finished watching it again. Anything from 7-5 to 9-3 Mayweather, I can accept.
          I saw it 9 - 3 Floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            throwing more punches isn't, but pressure and ring generalship are, or at least affect scoring. A light but firm jab keeping your opponent away or setting up a punch is not equal to a well placed body shot with force, for example, which is my point. I can't give a round to a guy who scored the cleaner punches if his opponent landed about the same amount, while fighting his fight, controlling the pace, and landing the harder shots. I just can't.
            This is exactly what I saw seeing the fight, Floyd was getting bullied around the ring and losing rounds. If this fight was scored back in the day Floyd would of lost easy, he just wasn't active enough

Comment

• the showtime slurpjob past the 6th round was atrocious. maidana was doing good work in the 8th but they hardly talked about it, the only instance they showed in the replay was the low blow. big surprise? it was worth all of 3 seconds in a 3 minute round and mayweather didn't even make a big fuss over it at the time. this was the case for two other rounds later on. in the 10th, maidana throws a huge right hand that lands flush on floyd's head but paulie and al bernstein start talking about maidana being buzzed in other fights. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post
                This is exactly what I saw seeing the fight, Floyd was getting bullied around the ring and losing rounds. If this fight was scored back in the day Floyd would of lost easy, he just wasn't active enough
                No kidding. In 1971 this fight would be scored differenty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                  the showtime slurpjob past the 6th round was atrocious. maidana was doing good work in the 8th but they hardly talked about it, the only instance they showed in the replay was the low blow. big surprise? it was worth all of 3 seconds in a 3 minute round and mayweather didn't even make a big fuss over it at the time. this was the case for two other rounds later on. in the 10th, maidana throws a huge right hand that lands flush on floyd's head but paulie and al bernstein start talking about maidana being buzzed in other fights. LOL
                  Seriously. Good post.

Comment

• Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                    In round 5 Maidana looked like an overall better fighter then Mayweather.

Why some people only see him as a slow caveman is beyond me

I guess people don't understand have though you have to be in order to what Maidana does.

After Garcia have polished him, the guy is a straight up killer

Even with his baby face, he is a mans man if there ever was one

I think he scared the **** out of floyd

Newbies to boxing think the prettier you try and fight the better you are.
                    And or dancing wins fights .

They dont realize guys like chavez sr have more sustance then guy like broner.

Its a new age thing , and these dudes also think everyone today is the best.lmao

Put floyd in with ray leonard and broner in vs JCC sr.

Thats real boxing

I had it 6-6 draw

Comment

• Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                      Newbies to boxing think the prettier you try and fight the better you are.
                      And or dancing wins fights .

They dont realize guys like chavez sr have more sustance then guy like broner.

Its a new age thing , and these dudes also think everyone today is the best.lmao

Put floyd in with ray leonard and broner in vs JCC sr.

Thats real boxing

I had it 6-6 draw
                      Good post.

I agree with your points.

Comment

Working...
                      X