Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Mayweather vs Maidana...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best I can get is 7-5 Mayweather. I can not see a draw or for Maidana at all.

Comment

• 116-112 Mayweather. The fight was not as close as people are thinking

Comment

• Originally posted by holywarrior View Post
        best i can get is 7-5 mayweather. I can not see a draw or for maidana at all.
        probably because u have floyds balls covering your view

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
          probably because u have floyds balls covering your view
          Dream on weirdo. I even had Chino up by 3 or 4 at one point.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
            Imo floyd fans shouldnt be allowed to score a floyd fight
            Dang, you are going to let this guy get away with this larryx?

Comment

• About to wAtch it again myself.

In terms of a fight.... Maidana busted Floyd up.

In terms of scoring... Well a lot of the rounds depend on whether you like Maidana's more frequent attack or Floyd's more infrequent eye catching efforts. Because Maidana wasn't missing as much as some would have it. Floyd has a strong neck and stronger midsection, he reacted well to most of the shots (head not snapping back and not flinching to the body shots) but that doesn't mean Maidana wasn't making contact a lot.

I'm not even a believer of the shostats, think they downplay certain aspects of Chino's effort...but there's a reason Canelo beat Trout or that Broner beat Malignaggi... Even if the premise of Floyd landing more than Chino is accepted (which I categorically reject).... The stronger more damaging punches should be considered over volume landed. Which is typically done in boxing matches... Unless we're talking about Floyd that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
                About to wAtch it again myself.

In terms of a fight.... Maidana busted Floyd up.

In terms of scoring... Well a lot of the rounds depend on whether you like Maidana's more frequent attack or Floyd's more infrequent eye catching efforts. Because Maidana wasn't missing as much as some would have it. Floyd has a strong neck and stronger midsection, he reacted well to most of the shots (head not snapping back and not flinching to the body shots) but that doesn't mean Maidana wasn't making contact a lot.

I'm not even a believer of the shostats, think they downplay certain aspects of Chino's effort...but there's a reason Canelo beat Trout or that Broner beat Malignaggi... Even if the premise of Floyd landing more than Chino is accepted (which I categorically reject).... The stronger more damaging punches should be considered over volume landed. Which is typically done in boxing matches... Unless we're talking about Floyd that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by -=Shade=- View Post
                  Quantity has a quality all it's own.

I still haven't done a good re-watch, but I had it 7-5 Maidana with my rough watch through. For the, "But the clean punches!" guys. Fighting is about winning rounds. One guy bullied and beat the other, and pressed and mostly dominated the action all night. Yeah, Maidana slowed a bit in the back half of the fight, but Floyd just straight up didn't get **** done. The end.
                  Exactly. My trainer watched it again himself and thinks Chino won, some people refuse to give credit to workrate and volume punches, as syf said, all punches are difinitely not equal and giving the nod to the cleaner puncher is not always correct.

Comment

• I had it 8-4 floyd and the more and more i re watch the fight i score it 9-3 floyd . Any one who scores it a draw should have there eyes checked

Comment

• Originally posted by rors_mc View Post
                      I had it 8-4 floyd and the more and more i re watch the fight i score it 9-3 floyd . Any one who scores it a draw should have there eyes checked
                      Wouldn't expect anything less .
                      I had it 115-114 either way or a draw

Comment

Working...
                      X