Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm excited about Khan at 147.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan is a big dude, He weighed in like 162 pounds on fight night, and cut down from 170 pounds. He looked very good in his fight, he had stamina, speed, and power, crazy how the past few fights he looked like crap and all of a sudden he came back to form this time adding like 15 pounds of muscle. Tht year off really helped him I guess.

Comment

Interesting to see who he fights next since it won't be Floyd because of Ramadan.

If Brook beats Porter, I'd say that was a safe bet as his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        Khan is a big dude, He weighed in like 162 pounds on fight night, and cut down from 170 pounds. He looked very good in his fight, he had stamina, speed, and power, crazy how the past few fights he looked like crap and all of a sudden he came back to form this time adding like 15 pounds of muscle. Tht year off really helped him I guess.
        I'll let ya in on a secret...he didn't fight Danny Garcia this time..or any other top level guy. I though he still looked like s*h**it outside of a couple rounds??he was running around the ring, holding and still wide open for every counter shot when he lunges in with both hands.

Comment

I like Kell but this made me laugh

titchlar ***8207;@Titchlar81 1h
          @stevie_hazo hey kell how many fights did it take amir khan to make a bigger statement than you at welterweight?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
            I'll let ya in on a secret...he didn't fight Danny Garcia this time..or any other top level guy. I though he still looked like s*h**it outside of a couple rounds??he was running around the ring, holding and still wide open for every counter shot when he lunges in with both hands.
            Are we gonna act like Herrera's leftovers is a lock to beat Collazo at 147?

Comment

He did great last night, I was really surprised. He looks to have improved a bit.

Comment

I'm not gonna lie, I thought Collazo would put Khan in some trouble, KD him, make it dirty, make it a war but Khan just plain out dominated him with ease and he showed power while doing it, as well as solid defense.

Does it mean I want to see Mayweather vs Khan in September? Not like it's gonna happen, because of Khan's religious practices, but regardless, no I don't. I rather Khan use his momentum to fight yet another WW, this time a top 10 WW and win. Then May 2015, it would be good to go.

But I would like to say, May vs Khan just became a little more attractive than it was on Friday May 2nd,, 2014 and the past 3 years. Due to Mayweather's tough outing against Maidana and Khan looking really good against a decent but dangerous upset-expert in Collazo.

Comment

it was an impressive performance, but to be honest, i don't think he's really ready for the top guys at welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Interesting to see who he fights next since it won't be Floyd because of Ramadan.

If Brook beats Porter, I'd say that was a safe bet as his next fight.
                    If Brook does manage to beat Porter

Khan vs Brook in the UK would be right up there with Groves vs Froch in terms of hype....

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Collazo was game, Khan just frustrated him the entire fight. Sure some of it was pushing his head down, but Khan ALWAYS does that. If anyone is mad at Khan for that, they better be mad at Chino for the knees, low blows, and rabbit punches, etc.
                      Nah, I'm mad at Floyd for doing the exact same thing as Khan. The rabbit punches are a byproduct of Floyd ducking his head down. I never saw him apply pressure on his neck.

And I saw literally 1 knee in the fight, and it wasn't even a big deal at all. You know it would be if Floyd complained about it, and he didn't.

Collazo wasn't game. He was letting his pride get in the way of himself, and wasn't a shell of his former self.

Comment

Working...
                      X