No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather is Tested, Overcomes Maidana To Unify

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
    At 135, a prime Duran probably ko's a prime Floyd. Floyd would also lose to hearns and sugar ray at 147. People seem to forget that Duran went up two weight classes and beat a prime sugar ray at 147, and you won't find any experts that think Floyd could beat sugar ray. I think Aaron Pryor also probably beats Floyd at any of those weights. That era simply had much better competition and created better fighters.
    I love it when people dwell in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by dynomyte1444 View Post
      Doesnt matter what floyd does he will always get hate.

castillo one was a close fight but no one ever says man give credit to floyd for giving him a rematch and putting all doubt to rest. People just bring up the fact that it was a close fight and floyd should of lost
      well...he shoulda lost last night...and whats with the"poor,poor,floyd"****e!

Comment

• Mayweather was quite candid after the fight. He mentioned two things..

1. The cut caused him to have difficulty seeing in the next two rounds following it.

2. He wanted to give fans a show and trade more rather than to box.

If that is true, the rematch will likely be more favorable to Mayweather. Mayweather can and probably should just box and stay at a distance (Cuts would be less likely).

That's my analysis, take it with a grain of salt.. Your thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
          He got schooled how? Calm down, the fight was close but it wasn't a schooling on either fighter.
          just saying hello to my fellow canuck"eh"?...close fight!..{i love mayor ford}

Comment

• Floyd is so overrated. He's a cherry picker. He also needs fight stipulations for an edge. He isnt the best ever, not even close.Look at his last few fights. All rubbish fighters.

Comment

• [QUOTE=radioraheem;14503800]It's a fact, and it's a fact that's usually ignored with both Pacquaio and Mayweather fights. One of the things that makes both of them so special is that they win their fights against much bigger guys, being outweighed by a lot on fight night.[/ sorry about the name calling..that was disrespectful...i drank too much last night lol...i respect your view-point.

Comment

• Cy Young award winning pitcher Floyd Mayweather Jr. is a master of the off speed pitch but he threw mostly fastballs to a fastball hitter in Chino Maidana....dude got a few singles and a double....had about 5 RBI....but he also dropped a few pop flies, misplayed a few grounders and he made enough throwing errors to lose the game

a rematch will get made.....which Latin fighter was gonna fill the void for September if Floyd threw the slick pitches at this dude and struck him out?!?....EXACTLY, checkers playing mother****ers gotta THINK chess when you want the KING's head(pause)

gave homie some soft **** gloves on top of that ....man **** Floyd and his ****ery.....in September he's gonna wipe away all doubt and pocket 2 for 1....I'm not knocking his hustle at all, but I'm not gonna be the clown to sit up here and DEMAND that mother****er take a EASY fight....that ninja playing games....MONEY games!!...gtfoh

Floyd showed he could dominate and dictate policy against Chino whenever he wanted to imo......then he was switching to southpaw here and there...like when did Floyd switch stances so many times in a fight?!?....he would go back to the ropes or allow Chino to push him there.....Floyd has bigger brain than that.....props to Chino for being super disrespectful, you have to come at Floyd like that....it is what it is

Comment

• Makes you really sad to see some of the comments some ppl actually make.

I guess most ppl should be here because they are BOXING fans and actually love the sport of BOXING. But I guess if Mayweather fights ppl actually don't care about boxing anymore it just becomes a I wanna see Mayweather lose by any means.

I watched the fight yesterday with friends who actually liked Maidana before this fight and walked away with disgust for him.

If anyone actually applauds the way he fought yesterday IDK what you guys were watching? This is how you suppossed to fight Mayweather? Maidana became a better boxer under Robert Garcia but this fight was a huge step back in every aspect. I absolutely saw so skill in Maidana whatsoever. The only thing he did was rush forth like a bull, push someone in the ropes and than throw hands that even an amateur would be scolded for.

There is a difference between fighting rough and tough or fighting dirty. Fighting dirty as far as I'm concerned is not my cup of tea (low blows, wrestling and pushing someone into the ropes, twisting arms, acting like you wanna knee someone).

How anyone who actually has credentials could give Maidana more than 4 rounds is beyond me (I'm not talking about the haters, I know they believe that Maidana won). The best that you could give Maidana after 6 rounds if you are generous were 3 rounds. And after that he ain't won a single round besides probably the 12th.

If he actually did land 221 punches I never saw them or better said there was not one punch of note that I could remember. If a puncher like him lands 221 punches you should think well Mayweather must have been pretty messed up. The cut came from whatever. If it was a clean punch I'm still looking for it.

Was he aggressive? YES, at the beginning afterwards it pretty much was put to rest. Even if he was more aggressive you score a fight on something called effectivness as well. And I saw none with Maidana. He used his aggression way better against Broner and was way more effective with it.

If this should be the blue print on how to beat Mayweather it is a sad day for boxing. If this is now the way to box and fight I probably should stop watching BOXING. Even more sad that some ppl actually applaud it. Cotto made it a competive and rough fight as well for Mayweather but he did with skill. Cutting of the ring, using the jab. Castillo made it by working the body constantly. DLH used the jab. Even Hattons (YES, RICKY ****ING HATTON I said it) approach was way more skilled and had something to do with boxing (some wrestling was in it though). Collazo did a good job of cutting of the ring against Khan and trying his heart out.

Like I said 8-4 is the best you can give Maidana. There were a few rounds were even though he wasn't landing his aggressivness overtook the punch output of Mayweather to such a degree that you could give him the round based on the fact that he made this round his but overall Mayweather defended beautifully on the ropes, landed crisper and cleaner and after the 5th round Maidana was tired and his punches lost steam. Mayweather also landed way more hurtful to the body of Maidana as you could see in Maidanas reactions to the punches and his backing away.

Anything beyond 8-4 for Mayeather is a stand up routine that not even Will Ferrell could get any laugh out of it. Like I said I'm talking to boxing ppl with credentials which excludes *******s, Floyd Nuthuggers, or anyone who just watches boxing to see a fighter lose by any means.

And before the topic comes up with fighting dirty and elbows. I have no problem if a fighter uses his elbow to protect the head of the opponnent coming into his face (this to me is not dirty). I have a problem if he used the elbow to hit someone (this to me is dirty). Maidana had his elbow as well in Mayweathers face and I'm not complaining about it. The reason why Mayweather has his elbows up is because he don't want to get hit and cut by a head (which could be one reason why he actually was cut)

To compare this fight to a potential Pacquiao fight is beyond as me as well. Pacquiao is a clean fighter and actually fights with skills. If you think Pacquiao would fight like Maidana against Floyd you probably never saw Pacquiao fight. Pacquiaos awkwardness has nothing to do with Maidanas supposed awkwardness. Maidanas awkwardness ain't gave Mayweather any problems proved by the fact that Mayweather wasn't even really touched by power punches besides probably to the body here and there. What gave Mayweather troubles that he probably never thought that somebody would try to go MMA on him. There were times where Mayweather even had to be the ref and yell out loud for Maidana to keep the punches up. Since the Ref never really gave a real warning I saw Mayweather as well going a little deeper with his punches to let Maidana know that he can do it as well.

If Maidana did better than some ppl thought he would that still is not a reason for me to give him a victory or more rounds. If there is a rematch I hope we get a ref who is on top of the action. There is nothing wrong with fighting on the inside and Floyd did fight on the inside as well but some tactics were a little bit off to say the least.

The rematch will be even easier for Floyd. He now stood in the ring with him and as you could see Maidana has one way and it wasn't enough to surprise Floyd. Floyd will be aware of these tactics the next time around and it will be a landslide UD. He will box more the first few rounds till Maidana is gassed and the last 6 rounds he will stay closer to him like he did this fight.

Comment

• Floyd lost on points..........

I think Floyd fought well but he is aging and he lost a decision. 177-110, 116-112?? Really? Smh. Maidana was faster than expected, he was hitting Floyd clean and landing thunderous shots to the body. Floyd said he wasn't impressed with Manny's performance? Well, Floyd, I wasn't impressed with yours against a fighter you had a SERIOUS problem with. This fight proves WHY he never wanted any part of Manny. Floyd is also a bit over-rated.

Comment

• I thought 116-112 or 115-113 in favor of Floyd were acceptable scores. 114-114 seemed to be stretching it. I thought Floyd clearly won the second half of the fight. And props to Maidana for fighting a very spirited fight, and putting fourth a hell of an effort!

Comment

Working...
                      X