Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather is Tested, Overcomes Maidana To Unify

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hope i'm the only one who is impressed by chino's head movement and overall defense in this fight given who he was fighting. i mean who isn't going to get caught by mayweather's laser speed right hand counters? chino minimized a lot of floyd's offense with his jabbing and weaving. so much for a punching bag eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by PennyAnd1 View Post
      If this fight reminded us something, it's that Floyd hates LEFTIES + BRAWLER, which Pacman was a master at during his prime. This beg the question.. was there a logic to why Floyd avoided the Pacman?

I was laughing when everyone thought Maidana had no chance, and then Hopkins made a bold claim that everyone was right, Floyd was gonna take Maidana apart.lol SMH

Like I said Floyd has problem with pressure fighters, boxers Floyd had problems with: Hatton, Ortiz (before Ortiz quit), Cotto, and now Maidana. If Floyd wasn't the lb-4-lb king, Maidana would've been the victor.

Styles makes fight, and Pac has the best style to beat Floyd. Until now, Cong**** FLoyd!
      He didn't have much problems with Hatton.

He did have problems with Cotto and Maidana. But these guys were much bigger on fight night. Ortiz was also 164 lbs. Maidana was 165 lbs today, 17 lbs weight advantage.

Comment

• Any close round will go to Mayweather...His punches are like gospel to people but maidana did more work put more pressure...DRAW

Comment

• Originally posted by slim kings View Post
          wow torwards the end there Money May was literally holding on for dear life. lol

In some of those clinches it looked like Weeks needed a crowbar to get Mayweather off Maidana.

Terrible judging. Maidana deserved better than those two disgusting scorecards.

If that had been Canelo that pulled off that performance vs Floyd, I have no doubt he would have got a UD.
          Canelo got a judge to give him the fight even when he won only 2 rounds!

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
            He's never given credit for his performances against these bigger guys. Come on, 148 lbs vs. 165 lbs?
            Yeah, the weight difference was sick ...

Comment

• this fight benefits Maidana more than Mayweather, Floyd will continue to be not respected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                How was Maidana robbed when Floyd landed more punches? Floyd clearly landed the cleanr punches. Floyd was the better fighter from round 4 on.
                Who landed more power punches????

Comment

• Originally posted by jcamarena79 View Post
                  Mayweather clinch clinch clinch....age is looking closer and closer. Looked sloppy, tired and worried...had it 114-114. Rematch won't happen, he'll find an excuse!!
                  Like Floyd said he could of made it an easier fight. Then you would have said it was boring and Floyd ran all night. It's always an excuse, Floyd clearly won 8-4 and If points were taken away as they should have been it's an even wider margin, that's probably what the judges did since the ref didn't Floyd was hit low at least 5 times..

Comment

• Originally posted by nathan_nall View Post
                    Maidana is a sloppy mess! He looked like B-Hop after a six pack. Anyway, that kind of Macho Sam Soliman served him well.

I had Mayweather up by two rounds in the end and I get the feeling that if Floyd wanted it to be a runaway fight, he could have made it that way by moving and potshotting.

No rematch needed. If Mayweather doesn't want to fight Pacquiao as his next and last, he should call it a career. First ballot Hall of Fame fighter and in the top 25 of all time.
                    Bull crap may couldn't run are you really that much on crack that you think may wanted to go toe to toe. Lasted thing may wanted is to get hit rember health comes first. May the pig is thier for the taking

Comment

• Originally posted by jg77 View Post
                      7-5 Maidana, I think people are too caught up in scoring Mayweather fights in a "special" way. Maidana clearly outworked him, imo. He may not have landed the clearer shots, but workrate has to mean something, and it's not like Mayweather was dominatiing him either.

I don't want to see a rematch though, I think FMJ would win that easy.
                      See this the problem, you not only don't "have" to score for work rate , you're not supposed to. Effective aggression, Maidana did himself a disservice with the rough house tactics, his punches were landing. Props to Chino, he lost by a round or 2 to one of the best ever ( let's not forget he's 37) and he deserves his rematch and all the praise he receives

Comment

Working...
                      X