No announcement yet.

Pac/Arum talking 5 fight extension for 2 more years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    IMO, they should be playing that angle with ESPn's recent openness.... no doubt he could grab some attention there....
    ESPN PPV? lol, how wild would that be

Comment

Manny should definitely explore other options. He should also retire if he loses again. He doesn't need to prove anything more. Obviously, if I were him, I would try whatever I could to get a Floyd fight and retire afterwards at this point.

Comment

When things like this occur its because fighters don't understand the business side of boxing. They trust others to handle all of their affairs for them. If I was a Pac I wouldn't do it. It's a bad career move. Manny needs to hire new management for his boxing career; Persons who have his best interest at heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Burner View Post
          If he signs this extension we know what he thinks about a Floyd fight. Manny should sign with Golden Boy or just be his own man. He'd make a lot more with out Bobby and we'd get to see the fights we want to see.
          Do a one fight contract with golden boy, fight Mayweather and go from there. It seem to work out for Cotto.

Comment

This is bad news for boxing if it happens. Why wouldn't Manny want to follow in the footsteps of De La Hoya, Mayweather, and Cotto and become a free agent and keep most of his money? This smells like everything else Arum and Kontz seem to get involved with. The entire PacMan era has seemed dirty from the 18 day cutoff with the blood back in 2009 along with the 5 million per lb thing they wanted Floyd to sign, to the countdown clock, to them wanting Shane to give blood but they wouldn't, to Arum's Stadium BS, to Manny not trying to work with Floyd when he received the call, to Roach saying Ariza was shady to the allegations Kontz and Arum we're in bed together and ******** Manny on his contracts, to them not releasing the PPV numbers and lying about them, to the Tax problems recently, and everything else I forgot to mention.

SMH - and because it's a shady relationship is even the consideration of re-upping with Top Rank even happening. Manny is broke and there is only so much Arum can promise him without the Floyd fight.

Hopefully someone breaks this entire story wide open one day and the truth from 2009 till now comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Le samouraļ View Post
              Manny should definitely explore other options. He should also retire if he loses again. He doesn't need to prove anything more. Obviously, if I were him, I would try whatever I could to get a Floyd fight and retire afterwards at this point.
              Pretty much this.

BUT, it's easy to say, "Eh, just become a free agent, join GBP, make a one fight deal", etc., but there are probably guys out there working for Arum, that would be conspiring to derail it, if it happens without him, and so many other things we have no idea about.

That's why it's easy to say, "Manny should join so and so, or he's not trying to make it happen."

You guys have seen enough behind the scenes exploitation documentaries to know there are a million and one domino pieces, and people to keep happy, and life isn't as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                ESPN PPV? lol, how wild would that be
                Not PPV, regular ESPN. That'd be huge, even if just one fight to raise his profile.

Comment

IMO, they should be playing that angle with ESPn's recent openness.... no doubt he could grab some attention there....

espn pays 10-20 grand for a main event on fnf...

they are not going to broadcast manny pacquiao fights. they'd have to get them for next to nothing, the way they do with a klitschko fight as a second fiddle broadcaster.

that will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                    no waay... hbo cant be that dumb. literally no interest in a 3rd fight. we kept seeing marquez and pac fight cause of the success financially those were classic fights, pac-bradley 3 if that happens i will be boycotting top rank lol coming from a manny fan
                    HBO would do it. If the buys did the 800K buys that were reported, they'd do it.

Comment

Not PPV, regular ESPN. That'd be huge, even if just one fight to raise his profile.
                      regular espn, hugh bro?

you understand that it costs money to pay these guys to fight, obviously?

Comment

Working...
                      X