No announcement yet.

Pac/Arum talking 5 fight extension for 2 more years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
    It's true though. How many times has the government put the wool over our heads, and we think one thing, but there are a million and 1 moving pieces going on behind the scenes.

Point is, none of us know. This isn't the P@ctard in me speaking. This is the one with common sense.

Buddy, I've read your posts before and enough said. All the sudden Manny might sign an extension and it's 'cool' because there's so much going on behind him (a lame excuse) yet in the past its been completely Mayweathers and GB you guys love giving free obvious passes.

Comment

• Originally posted by AP***9824; View Post
      Buddy, I've read your posts before and enough said. All the sudden Manny might sign an extension and it's 'cool' because there's so much going on behind him (a lame excuse) yet in the past its been completely Mayweathers and GB you guys love giving free obvious passes.
      Homie, obvious bias going on. Why does Manny have to leave TR in the first place? Floyd's his own man. Is he not? Just make the fight happen. Don't worry about the other side. You get yours regardless. You're coming from a Floyd centric view point. I already knew that.

It's both parties faults. Old ass Manny going to GBP is nothing more than another guy on the roster, and basically conceding with his tail in between his legs.

It has to happen under a neutral guise. Like 2 promotional en******. It would be great if it were Manny promotions and Floyd promotions exclusively working it out, but we all know that's not happening.

And are you denying that there really are a million and one things going on behind the scenes?

"You leave, remember that 1 contract you signed a few years ago, specifically stating you couldn't fight at this venue without HBO or my authority, and we would have to co promote, etc." That's just an example. There's probably a bunch more where that came from.

Comment

• OK, look, IF Manny just straight up signed without acknowledging at all Showtime or GBP's offer, then I'll put the blame on Manny, BUT, understand there are so many legal loopholes in this game, and we don't know what's really going on behind the scenes.

That's why I said, don't take stuff for face value. We've seen enough behind the scene stories to know there are bigger en****** and pockets to keep filled at work here.

Just saying.

Comment

• Pac has always been loyal to Arum, im not surprised.

Comment

• something tells me manny will come out and say this is not true in some way. Seems everytime arum says something like this his fighters deny it

Comment

• Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
              Homie, obvious bias going on. Why does Manny have to leave TR in the first place? Floyd's his own man. Is he not? Just make the fight happen. Don't worry about the other side. You get yours regardless. You're coming from a Floyd centric view point. I already knew that.

It's both parties faults. Old ass Manny going to GBP is nothing more than another guy on the roster, and basically conceding with his tail in between his legs.

It has to happen under a neutral guise. Like 2 promotional en******. It would be great if it were Manny promotions and Floyd promotions exclusively working it out, but we all know that's not happening.

And are you denying that there really are a million and one things going on behind the scenes?

"You leave, remember that 1 contract you signed a few years ago, specifically stating you couldn't fight at this venue without HBO or my authority, and we would have to co promote, etc." That's just an example. There's probably a bunch more where that came from.
              Like it's that simple. How are you going to sit here and think that Arum would be totally okay with Manny accepting anything lower than a 50% or 45% split? This is what the real issue is about at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                Like it's that simple. How are you going to sit here and think that Arum would be totally okay with Manny accepting anything lower than a 50% or 45% split? This is what the real issue is about at this point.
                They've clearly conceded that at this point. Arum's only worried about how big the TR logo, and how often you'll see that logo in the venue, and on whichever network is televising it.

Obviously that's not all he's worried about, but you catch my drift.

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  Manny has his own promotional company,why does he need top rank period?? he has brought people in to investigate if they were ripping him off and the answer was yes..then somehow he was forced to fire the company who did the investigation only to get himself sued......then he ends up with tax issues.......why would you resign with them?
                  Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  Floyd and Manny both have their own companies..why not make the fight on their own just like Calzaghe and Roy did..simple as that
                  Exactly.

He might as well retire with his health intact. They should take a good look at the PPV and gates because his stock is steadily declining.

People aren't interested in the match ups, and Top Rank doesn't have the stable to provide those match ups. For someone as exciting as Pac, he's wasting it on fights people aren't interested in. Pac-Marquez 5, Bradley 3, Vargas, Provodnikov, Alvarado...no thanks...as much as I want to see Pacquiao avenge his L to Marquez, there's no clamor for it.

With all that money he has made, how in the world can he owe $40 mil in back taxes? He can't afford a decent accountant? There's obviously something not right. Now, he's going to resign with Top Rank? He's big enough to go SOLO.

It's been fun watching Pac's fights, hopefully he gets out of this with his health intact.

Comment

• Let's forget about Mayweather for a moment and look at the other big fights for Pacquiao.

Danny Garcia
                    Keith Thurman
                    Lucas Mattyhse

So are u guys really ok with seeing Manny fight Marquez. 3-4 more times along with Bradley and a bloated 147 version of M Garcia...when there are legit. Fresh 147 fighters out there

Comment

• If TR and GBP squash the beef then it's fine if he re signs with Arum. He could fight Garcia,Matthysse or Broner at 140 and countless guys at 147 over those 5 fights.
                      **** Floyd,he never wanted to fight Manny anyways until he was shot like Oscar,Cotto,and Shane.

Comment

Working...
                      X