No announcement yet.

Pac/Arum talking 5 fight extension for 2 more years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hypodermical View Post
    Who said he's he's not negotiating with other promotions? of course they look at all the options, but you have to realize that Pac's team whether they are on Arum's payroll or not are gonna be loyal to Arum. Arum was the one that got him all those superfights. Pac and Arum has always had a good relationship. You can't just expect team Pac to leave Top Rank, especially not for GBP.

A lot of people can make a lot of money by selling their house and moving somewhere else, but they don't. Why? because thats their home, and they are comfortable there.

Now, regarding him ducking Floyd if he resigns with TR?
    The same can be said about Floyd. If he really wants to fight Pac, who is easy work according to him. Why won't he sign with TR? This is double standards.

Arum has said that he is willing to work with Floyd, it's Floyd who keeps saying that he won't fight Pac unless he leaves TR and sign with TMT. Which is just ridiculous. Floyd has had 8-10 excuses not to fight Pac, he'll never run out until Pac is washed up.
    some reasonable points...

But in my book Pac walked away from 2 serious occasions to make the fight.
    1) first because of a test, when pretty much everything else was agreed on.
    2) 40 million which i believe isnt a number to hang the phone on and dont resume talking about.

he has the right to make the decisions he wants to make. My problem is that he makes a lot of noise claiming to his fans that he really wants to make the fight. but i dont see the efforts from his side. FMJ was as direct as possible by picking the phone and try to make something work. Which i consider pro-active.
    I just dont see pacman's eagerness to make the fight, outside fooling fans by saying things in the media. He knows the situation with the promotors and networks better than any of us...

If he isnt about fighting floyd and showing us what he is willing to do for it. He shouldnt mention floyds name anymore. I say this based off the way he acted at first take with brandon rios. I feel a bit fooled everytime manny tries to sell the fans that he is gonna make the fight happen...

Comment

• One other thing is a basic boxing fan, i honestly dont know without any jokes that if FMJ has only 2 fights left in 2015(post maidana and Khan), if i would prefer Pacman fight FMJ above the likes of
      Porter
      Thurman
      Lara(without a loss to Canelo)
      or a FMJ vs Canelo 2
      If porter and Thurman keep fighting and winning like they do now i think i'm more interested to see them fight FMJ. I've only seen pac bradley 2 ones but pacman didnt seem that impressive eventhough bradley is P4P

not to mention FMJ vs Hopkins.
      is a FMJ vs Pacman better than all these fights??

Comment

• Originally posted by hypodermical View Post
        Who said he's he's not negotiating with other promotions? of course they look at all the options, but you have to realize that Pac's team whether they are on Arum's payroll or not are gonna be loyal to Arum. Arum was the one that got him all those superfights. Pac and Arum has always had a good relationship. You can't just expect team Pac to leave Top Rank, especially not for GBP.

A lot of people can make a lot of money by selling their house and moving somewhere else, but they don't. Why? because thats their home, and they are comfortable there.

Now, regarding him ducking Floyd if he resigns with TR?
        The same can be said about Floyd. If he really wants to fight Pac, who is easy work according to him. Why won't he sign with TR? This is double standards.

Arum has said that he is willing to work with Floyd, it's Floyd who keeps saying that he won't fight Pac unless he leaves TR and sign with TMT. Which is just ridiculous. Floyd has had 8-10 excuses not to fight Pac, he'll never run out until Pac is washed up.

FMJ made two serious attemps IMO, i cant blame him because of that everyone can BS the public with what they say in the media. I honestly dont hope you believe everything Bob tells you. To give you an example bradley knows and has made it clear that he wont be fighting anyone on the other side. Bob is pro inhouse. Im not saying GBP isnt about inhouse btw.

FMJ CANT sign with TR because he is with GBP and an exclusive deal with showtime thats my answer to this rethorical question of yours.

All the talk about FMJ s excuses at best they have both made excuses. and i personally think if manny wants him he should challenge him and call him bluff the moment he is free. if things dont work out he can always go back to uncle bob. I personally dont believe FMJ is scared of manny's boxingskills. I'm waiting to see proof from manny's side that he really is about fighting. so far the only one who proved he wanted to make the fight is FMJ!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mourinho1 View Post

But in my book Pac walked away from 2 serious occasions to make the fight.
          1) first because of a test, when pretty much everything else was agreed on.

2) 40 million which i believe isnt a number to hang the phone on and dont resume talking about.

he has the right to make the decisions he wants to make. My problem is that he makes a lot of noise claiming to his fans that he really wants to make the fight. but i dont see the efforts from his side. FMJ was as direct as possible by picking the phone and try to make something work. Which i consider pro-active.
          I just dont see pacman's eagerness to make the fight, outside fooling fans by saying things in the media. He knows the situation with the promotors and networks better than any of us...

If he isnt about fighting floyd and showing us what he is willing to do for it. He shouldnt mention floyds name anymore. I say this based off the way he acted at first take with brandon rios. I feel a bit fooled everytime manny tries to sell the fans that he is gonna make the fight happen...
          Again, this is double standards.

They were in constant negotiations.
          In the first negotiation, Pac's team disagreed on the testing, but they negotiatied and Pac's team asked for a 14 day cut off. Floyd's team refused.

Pretty unreasonable because:
          1. what can you possibly take with in a 14 day period that will help you win a boxing fight?
          2. he allowed shane mosley to have a 14 day cut off.

Then later on Pac's team agreed on testing til the nigh of the fight. And what happened? Floyd came up with new stipulations. If you can't see that the testing was never an issue, then you my friend is blind.

Now the 40 million (no ppv) offer.
          Ridiculous offer. Again, they negotiate. Pac is not some B side level chump that will just take Floyd's offer. Pac wanted a percentage and he wasnt even asking for 50-50 like he previoulsy did. Team Pac compromised their stipulations AGAIN, but Floyd rejects it.
          Floyd/Canelo broke the 2 million ppv mark, how much do you think Floyd/Pac would sell? Pac is not a dumbass to take quite possibly 20% or less of what the megafigtht would generate and let floyd have 80%.

Now, Floyd asks Pac to leave TR and joing TMT, fight a couple of fights then they can fight??? pretty ridiculous.
          The clear constant pattern is this.
          Pac keeps compromising his terms to try to make the fight, but not completely giving in to all of Floyd's mostly ridiculous terms.

Floyd keeps coming up with new stipulations everytime the last one was agreed upon.
          Last edited by hypodermical; 04-30-2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mourinho1 View Post
            FMJ made two serious attemps IMO, i cant blame him because of that everyone can BS the public with what they say in the media. I honestly dont hope you believe everything Bob tells you. To give you an example bradley knows and has made it clear that he wont be fighting anyone on the other side. Bob is pro inhouse. Im not saying GBP isnt about inhouse btw.

FMJ CANT sign with TR because he is with GBP and an exclusive deal with showtime thats my answer to this rethorical question of yours.

All the talk about FMJ s excuses at best they have both made excuses. and i personally think if manny wants him he should challenge him and call him bluff the moment he is free. if things dont work out he can always go back to uncle bob. I personally dont believe FMJ is scared of manny's boxingskills. I'm waiting to see proof from manny's side that he really is about fighting. so far the only one who proved he wanted to make the fight is FMJ!!
            I take everything Arum says with a grain of salt. I think he's a snake and all about his money. I personally think Pac should leave him. But it seems to me like you take everything Floyd says as fact.

The facts are out there to see. Pac's team has been compromising their terms to make the fight since day one, while Floyd's team keep coming up with new ones.

Comment

Working...
            X