Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubrat Pulev vs. Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on now, lets be serious. This guy has nothing to offer Wlad. Not fast enough, not powerful enough, not skilled enough and not experienced enough. Maybe in a few more years he'll have developed some craft and savvy, but Wlad might be too old. Right now, he's much too crude and basic for some as good and varied as Wlad.

That's once again the main problem I see with the division as it stands right now. There are some decent prospects, but they get thrown in too early because there is no middle ground in the division and no one good for Wlad to fight so they have to pull guys up that just aren't ready. They might be good one day. Young prospects that should be working their own way up are having to suddenly jump in and just fight a really great heavyweight and they haven't developed nearly enough to do so. They basically check out.

It's takes a special fighter to go from inexperienced prospect to great HOF beating champ. There isn't anyone like that today at HW. The closest guy we had to that was Haye, and he was highly experienced and tested, and he still wasn't a special fighter. He was a good, skilled champion.

It's hard to say if the blame lies with the promoters, managers or what, but these guys just aren't ready. Beating a 40 year old Tony Thompeon doesn't make it so. Maybe a prime Thompson. He looked crude and inexperienced in that fight though.

Genuinely wouldn't stand a chance. Even with the experience I don't think he would. I don't rate him much at all to be honest. I can't wait to see someone I can get excited about that'll have their own impact on the division and that could really put some excitement back into it with an epic matchup instead of these foregone conclusions. Champions/divisions need rivalries for excitement and entertainment. Hopefully someone pulls ahead of the pack soon, because it's not looking good right now.

It'd be awesome to see Wlad with a true worthy challenger.
    Last edited by BennyST; 04-28-2014, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Wladimir wins by late stoppage.

Comment

Anything less than Wlad by KO/TKO is a disappointment.

That said, no matter how he wins there will be no credit, even though Pulev is the 2nd ranked HW in the world and a #1 challener.

Comment

Wlad on points, no two ways about it.

Pulev is so damn slow, my God, watching him throw a punch ages a man. Wlad will peg him all day and not engage in any combination punches.

I just have to repeat, Pulev is quite possibly the slowest puncher I have seen in decades.

Comment

Wlad jabs Pulev silly. Stylewise its a nightmare for Pulev. Wlad breaks him apart for a late stoppage or a lopsided win on points.

Comment

Like i said before. Pulev and wladimir will have a nice battle of jabs until wlad decides to use his right hand.. Pulev is simply outgunned here

Comment

LOL it's sad that people now think Pulev's handspeed is "good", if I was being nice, I'd say it was barely average, add to that some of the worst, plodding footwork of anyone in the current top 10....and that's saying something.

Comment

Pulev is garbage. Fury cracks Klitschko's, mark my words.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    LOL it's sad that people now think Pulev's handspeed is "good", if I was being nice, I'd say it was barely average, add to that some of the worst, plodding footwork of anyone in the current top 10....and that's saying something.
                    That's why Fury and Adamek chose not to fight Pulev, even though it was part of an elimination tournament to face Wlad, because he's just slow and plodding, right?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      pulev is plodding but his hands arent that slow imo. I think he has average hand speed for a big heavyweight

Comment

Working...
                      X