No announcement yet.

Kubrat Pulev vs. Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
    You really think Pulev is faster than Wlad? I really don't see that.

True, Pulev is bigger and stronger than Povetkin (who I never rated), but I believe he's still a bit behind Wlad, who is a bit of an unrivalled all-round athlete in the division.

I don't think I need to be delusional with supporting Wlad, until proven otherwise he is the best in the division right now and is ahead of all fighters (including Pulev).

However, I respect your support and understand the patriotic side of following a fighter, it is good to root for your countrymen, especially in a combat sport. Definitely adds an element to the sport.

All I'm saying is, don't pin your hopes too high on Pulev. He's a good solid fighter, and is a good test for Wlad, but believing too far ahead is not going to be a good thing if it doesn't happen.
    If Pulev loses, I will live. I will drown my sorrow in some cheap a.ss Bulgarian beer and stuff some fried lukanka in my face.

But why not hope for the best?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
      If Pulev loses, I will live. I will drown my sorrow in some cheap a.ss Bulgarian beer and stuff some fried lukanka in my face.

But why not hope for the best?
      Feel free bro...good luck though, all I can say. At least Pulev has worked for his shot, now its up to him to actually go out and prove to people what he can do.

Comment

Wladimir via late stoppage.

Pulev is no joke but Wladimir has every advantage. This will be the kind of fight where you don't want to run to the fridge, though.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          Wladimir via late stoppage.

Pulev is no joke but Wladimir has every advantage. This will be the kind of fight where you don't want to run to the fridge, though.
          the only thing that worries me a bit is wlads stamina. pulev seems very durable and wlad is no spring chicken anymore. I thought he seemed a bit tired at the end of his last fight

Comment

I will say one thing Freedom, Pulev will be a good opponent for Wladimir, I expect it to be a hard fought battle.

The reality is is that Wladimir is no longer the far and away better than everyone anymore and Pulev has the size and the skills to cause him some grief.

However I still do favour Wladimir heavily to win this, by decision. But it wont be a clowning.

Because Pulev is tall, there is the chance that it might be a punch out type fight as against Thompson but may also be a cautious affair too. I don't expect there to be too much hugging which is good.

Comment

If Wlad handled Povetkin with ease then Pulev shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
                If Wlad handled Povetkin with ease then Pulev shouldn't be a problem.
                He "handled" him alright LOL

Whilst I do think he still schooled Povetkin reasonably well, Pulev will not bull rush Wladimir and it will not be the same sort of fight I don't reckon, more a stand up affair.

Comment

Wlad should beat pulev by decision..

He may score a late mercy stoppage, but I think pulev will go all 12

Comment

Wlad-Pulev.

Fight winner of Fury-Chisora (I hope Fury)

Fight winner of Wilder-Stiverne.

Retire, nothing left to do and go down as IMO A top 10 ATG HW.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Wlad-Pulev.

Fight winner of Fury-Chisora (I hope Fury)

Fight winner of Wilder-Stiverne.

Retire, nothing left to do and go down as IMO A top 10 ATG HW.
                      Wladimir wants to try and beat Joe Louis longest reigning champion before he retires.

If he Wlad does all of the above he belongs as the number 1 ATG HW.

Comment

Working...
                      X