Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching Mayweather All Access is like Watching An Episode Of MTV Cribs from 2002

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The act is old to us because we're hardcore fans who've watched the Money persona develop for 7 years now. It may be shocking to us, but there are some people who never got a taste of Floyd's lifestyle until watching All Access last night.

Comment

He doesn't flip the script, because he can't. Why don't people get this? Forget the 'ghetto'/'hood rat' nonsense labels; Floyd has no formal education beyond the high school level, and conveys zero intellectual curiosity. The moments where he tries to be poignant are the most telling, as he has nothing original or interesting to say. The Money image isn't an image at all...it's who he is.
      The thing that Floyd does understand is 'audience analysis', and how to market his empty flashiness to the masses...which isn't that hard in a country that consistently rewards ignorance & bad behavior.

Comment

Yeah. But you got to realize we are not the intended audience for All Access.

The show is geared towards; not even casual boxing fans, but non-boxing fans and the public in general to sell PPVs. Females especially like this type of gossip ****.

Comment

it is what it is. id rather see him train and talk about the fight but whatever. smokin the fake joint was hilarious tho and the pac fans just stop. pac is done

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            Yeah. But you got to realize we are not the intended audience for All Access.

The show is geared towards; not even casual boxing fans, but non-boxing fans and the public in general to sell PPVs. Females especially like this type of gossip ****.
            Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            Seriously, as a fan of Floyd he needs to rethink his method of marketing himself. The whole "Lifestyles of the rich and famous" act gets old fast. I felt like I was watching an old episode of MTV cribs. It honestly got cringe worthy watching his parts while Chino's segments were more entertaining. Does Floyd have ANY hobbies besides boxing and blowing money away? Hell, I'd even go as far as to state Adrien Broner's all access with Maidana was more entertaining.

I believe Floyd thinks people enjoy watching ignorance (and some do) but even that act gets old fast. I'd rather watch him train and talk about his fight plan. I also enjoyed the segments he spent on his family. But the whole hood rich, ghetto fabulous act is cringe worthy and boring. And I like Floyd as a boxer.

You may disagree with what Floyd is doing with All-Access, but what he has been doing has been quite successful. Let's look at some simple recent facts for instance.

Take a look at Pacquaio vs. Bradley 2, 24/7, Episode 1. It's been up for nearly 4 weeks and it only has 184K views. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTUlSA6t5xs

Compare that with All Access: Mayweather vs. Maidana, Episode 1, which has only been out for 1 week, and has a whopping 944K views already. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NEZhvXt-j4

The difference in viewership numbers is HUGE.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Floyd Mayweather has no real personality or charisma and is simply trying to appeal to what he believes is his audience and his haters. Everyone should have learned this a long time ago.
              I don't think that's true I think it's just extremely stale now.

It was fresh and entertaining when it was all brand new.

Floyd's not the most witty guy out there or the sharpest knife in the drawer but to say he has no real personality or charisma I think is abit harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I don't think that's true I think it's just extremely stale now.

It was fresh and entertaining when it was all brand new.

Floyd's not the most witty guy out there or the sharpest knife in the drawer but to say he has no real personality or charisma I think is abit harsh.
                The best side of Mayweather is during the post fight press conference, really fun to listen to but I guess he doesn't feel that side of him can sell a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                  You may disagree with what Floyd is doing with All-Access, but what he has been doing has been quite successful. Let's look at some simple recent facts for instance.

Take a look at Pacquaio vs. Bradley 2, 24/7, Episode 1. It's been up for nearly 4 weeks and it only has 184K views. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTUlSA6t5xs

Compare that with All Access: Mayweather vs. Maidana, Episode 1, which has only been out for 1 week, and has a whopping 944K views already. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NEZhvXt-j4

This ^^^^

It's kind of a paradox. I agree with almost all the posters on this thread. It's true that this "Look I have money" is really getting lame and weve seen it 100 times. However we're still here in a thread with 3 pages talking about how it's lame. We all watched the all-access glued to our screen and listening to all the ******ed things Floyd is saying. This guy is just polarizing, he wants to create reactions, and it works by only looking at the comments in this thread. Even his haters like Check-Hooks are watching everything related to Floyd, hating every single thing he does, but still, watching and supporting it in a certain way.

And it sells, just look at the views on his all-access vs other 24/7

Comment

People just can't get enough of this guy. Floyd is now boxing the way Tyson used to be. Hater gotta deal with this.

As for the flashing of the cars, ***elry and money, I love it. Who wouldn't wanna have all that? I never understood the hate on that front. Don't be jealous, wish the guy more blessings.
                    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 04-27-2014, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post

That might have a lot to do with ******ed HBO blocking access of the episode in other countries for some reason

Comment

Working...
                      X