No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Despite Lawsuit, Asked Goossen for Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
    Ward's star power is too weak outside of Oakland to be a big PPV draw, and Kovalev is yet unproven at the top level. It would have to be a regular broadcast fight. Kovalev might love it, but would Ward?
    I think the need a strong semi-main event fight, to do well on PPV

It wont be a huge million buy blockbuster, but its still a major fight

undefeated prime 168 kingpin top 3 p4p vs the undefeated prime 175 monster..
    Someone's 0 has got to go..

If thats not a ppv fight, then i dont know what is.. I think with HBO hype machine, a 24/7 and a strong undercard, it could do 350-500k buys

If HBO can do ppv for hopkins-dawson, calzaghe-roy, roy-tito, manny-rios, Then i see no problem in them actually giving us a major ppv caliber fight like kovolev vs ward.. Its easliy one of the best matchups in the sport, and i would have no problem paying ppv money for it..

Comment

Wasn't Kessler a KO artist?

How about Froch? Lucian Bute certainly thought so.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

If thats not a ppv fight, then i dont know what is.. I think with HBO hype machine, a 24/7 and a strong undercard, it could do 350-500k buys

If HBO can do ppv for hopkins-dawson, calzaghe-roy, roy-tito, manny-rios, Then i see no problem in them actually giving us a major ppv caliber fight like kovolev vs ward.. Its easliy one of the best matchups in the sport, and i would have no problem paying ppv money for it..
        In what universe would Kovalev v Ward be PPV...and why would HBO want it on PPV?

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
          In what universe would Kovalev v Ward be PPV...and why would HBO want it on PPV?
          Doubt it'd be PPV, but would catch some interest on regular HBO

Comment

Ward needs to call out B-Hop and tell him if he wants the #1 guy he has to go through the #2 guy!!!! Why call out a guy that's 4 divisions below when the #2 guy is one division below.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Wasn't Kessler a KO artist?

How about Froch? Lucian Bute certainly thought so.
              Yes -- KO artists they were!... (Bute made Froch an actual KO artist...)

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
                Ward needs to call out B-Hop and tell him if he wants the #1 guy he has to go through the #2 guy!!!! Why call out a guy that's 4 divisions below when the #2 guy is one division below.
                Dre called B-Hop out (near the ring, just after the Cloud fight)... Grandpa refused -- normally...

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                  This is one of the biggest fights to make......

This is a ppv caliber fight, and probably the best matchup to make comparing all the other ppv main events...

Juarez-barrera
                  Morales-manny 3
                  Manny-rios
                  Floyd-Ghost
                  Dawson-hopkinn
                  Those are all crap main events on ppv

I dont see how matching 2 prime undefeated champions in the ring is not ppv caliber...
                  Its a great matchup, but people wanna dismiss it because Ward cant draw, kovalev is unknown, yada yada yada,,,,

I will take this main event over any ppv main event over the past year

Fans would actually get their money's worth with this fight,

Comment

This is one of the biggest fights to make......

This is a ppv caliber fight, and probably the best matchup to make comparing all the other ppv main events...

Juarez-barrera
                    Morales-manny 3
                    Manny-rios
                    Floyd-Ghost
                    Dawson-hopkinn
                    Those are all crap main events on ppv

I dont see how matching 2 prime undefeated champions in the ring is not ppv caliber...
                    Its a great matchup, but people wanna dismiss it because Ward cant draw, kovalev is unknown, yada yada yada,,,,

I will take this main event over any ppv main event over the past year

Fans would actually get their money's worth with this fight,
                    It's an interesting fight, but given the other PPV's going on this year alone and Kovalev just staring to headline his own cards stateside... way to early for that

Comment

You're not considering the cost HBO would incur to promote a PPV fight between a virtually inactive fighter (one fight in each year of 2012 & 2013, none this year), and a fighter whom we've only recently even heard of. The only reason I could see HBO trying to make a PPV event out of this is to entice Ward to take a dangerous fight. They know it won't sell though, so they wouldn't risk it. Regular broadcast only.

Comment

Working...
                      X