No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Canelo vs Mayweather, I scored it 116-114 Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Opinionated View Post
    I just remember his legs wobble from a Rios like stiff jab.

And you're correct, Canelo's defence was good in that fight, a lot of Floyd's punches were blocked in the early rounds and Canelo won the first two on activity alone.

People saying it was a 12-0 shutout need to STFU, interestingly Mayweather only landed 20 more power punches... it was those stiff jabs that won it for him.
    Noway can any sane boxing fan think it was a shut out and I'm not even a Canelo fan, although he is starting to win me over.

Floyd did nothing for 2 rounds, at the very least Canelo should win those then towards the second of the fight, I can't remember but i twas before round 9, there were a couple rounds which Floyd clearly took off again. Shut out is just ridiculous.

If only Canelo wasn't so sluggish with his feet and had better stamina, he would make Floyd work like Oscar and Cotto before him, if he was a tad bit more dynamic, he would probably have given *****boy Castillo like problems.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      if mayweather didnt do anything, then canelo did even less. no matter how u look at it, canelo was on the losing end of most, if not all of those rounds.
      Notice how I didn't say anything about winning the rounds. I said Mayweather did not dominate the first part of the fight.

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
      ya but he still won the rounds you say it as though canelo was doing anything
      Read the above. Canelo was the one engaging and throwing punches--so, yes, he was doing something.

Neither were impressive, and they were close rounds that one could argue canelo won on activity alone. Thus, why I believe mayweather did not dominate the first part of the fight.

Comment

I scored it even. A draw.

Comment

floyd fans getting mad because someone score the fight pretty close yet their the one who always does this when its someone else LOL!!

Comment

The first couple rounds were close, then Mayweather pulled away. I don't know what I would score it but I hated that fight for Canelo. He was trying to be Floyd. Pot shot and whatnot. Bad strategy.

Comment

116-114 ?!?!?! Who are you cj ross ??

Comment

I could only find 1 round to give to Canelo and that's being nice, really trying hard to give him that one and that was round 1.

Comment

115-114 canelo

Comment

It was a good fight and Canelo got his licks in. He took a lot more though, think I gave him 3 rounds.

Comment

Try pressing play next time

Comment

Working...
                      X