No announcement yet.

better win: Oscar over Vargas or Floyd over Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    Oscar beating vargas and it's not close. Also, I stopped reading your rubbish here, because you couldn't even start off your own thread with an accurate statement.
    There is not a sizeable gap in quality between Vargas in 99-00, and the WW Cotto of 06-08.

Comment

Oscar

Oscar over Vargas

Comment

Easily Oscar over Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          Ditto is a better fighter than Vargas abd Vargas was absolutely done after the Trinidad fight. Cotto is still among the best fighters at 154. It's really that tricky of a question.

Cotto's entire claim of being among the best fighters at 154 is based on him beating a piss poor excuse for a belt holder in Yuri Foreman.....four years ago. He's done **** all of note besides beat some decrepit fossils and lose comprehensively to anyone with a working pulse since then.

Lara, Alvarez, Kirkland, Trout, Andrade, Angulo, Molina, Charlo - all smash or have their way with the shopworn, bloated gatekeeper.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            Ditto is a better fighter than Vargas abd Vargas was absolutely done after the Trinidad fight. Cotto is still among the best fighters at 154. It's really that tricky of a question.
            No he's not lol....he already lost to trout, would lose to Canelo,Lara, and Kirkland all handily. Probably lose or have a tough fight with Molina,Andrade,and others. He's a natural welter who prime was 2007-2008ish.

Comment

And Vargas was a good fighter but they ruined the kid throwing him in with world champions like 15 fights into his career. He could have been really good.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsOswYvSgsU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHX-5BNb2h8

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  No he's not lol....he already lost to trout, would lose to Canelo,Lara, and Kirkland all handily. Probably lose or have a tough fight with Molina,Andrade,and others. He's a natural welter who prime was 2007-2008ish.
                  Ok now explain to me who the hell did Vargas beat after losing to Trinidad? I swear u dudes are new to boxing. After the Trinidad fight, Vargas was completely done as a world class fighter. I mean his next time out he got sat on his ass by a random tune up. He never achived Jack **** on the world level after that fight. I seriously just shake my head at the stupidity of the posters on this site. Especially when they think they know crap they obviously don't.

Comment

Oscar, and it ain't even close. Cotto's best win at 154 is Yuri freakin Foreman for fuk sakes.

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
                      Oscar, and it ain't even close. Cotto's best win at 154 is Yuri freakin Foreman for fuk sakes.
                      What kind of level was Vargas fighting at after the Tito fight? Going life-and-death with Wilfredo Rivera? Looking wholly mediocre against Shibata FLores?

Comment

Working...
                      X