No announcement yet.

better win: Oscar over Vargas or Floyd over Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• better win: Oscar over Vargas or Floyd over Cotto

Cotto & Vargas were roughly on the same caliber in their primes. Cotto at 140/147, Vargas at 154.

Vargas looked shot from the Tito fight, as well as tough fights with Quartey & Wright, and back issues. He almost got stopped by Rivera and looked so-so against Flores. He did pretty well against fishnet, with the help of stanozol, in losing. Some decent performances after DLH, like Javier Castilljo, but he was far declined.

Cotto had even more tough fights by May 2012 than Nando in Dec 2000. Plasterito, Pacquiao, Torres, Mosley, Clottey. He looked better against Plasterito in the rematch than Vargas had in 2001, but Plasterito was also a spent force with serious eye problems.

DLH-Vargas was a great fight, Mayweather-Cotto was a good one. Fishnet stopped vargas, floyd won 8, 9 rounds.

Whose win was better?

btw, that protective cup was way too high

Oscar De La Hoya over Fernando "stanazol" Vargas
    62.86%
    Floyd Mayweather over Miguel Cotto
    20.00%
    All boxing fans should watch Saad's fights with Marvin Johnson, Richie Kates, & Yaqui Lopez
    17.14%

Oscar. Nando was juiced to the bone and got koed. Past prime cotto bloodied Floyd's fragile nose.
    Last edited by IST-ra-GLEr2; 04-23-2014, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Hard to say, my opinion Oscar win over Fernando. That fight just had so much going in to it. They were talking about it on sports radio. I saw them on my local news.

Comment

Originally posted by Regeza View Post
        Hard to say, my opinion Oscar win over Fernando. That fight just had so much going in to it. They were talking about it on sports radio. I saw them on my local news.
        i re-watched it yesterday.

outstanding fight, although not quite up to tito-vargas.

2000 had morales-barrera 1, tito-vargas, and mosley-dlh 1.

impressive

Comment

The question should be which fighter was more shot Vargas or Cotto. I think neither fight was a good win cause they where against shot fighters

Comment

Both damn good fights..but Cotto is a hall of famer and Vargas is a "what could have been"

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              The question should be which fighter was more shot Vargas or Cotto. I think neither fight was a good win cause they where against shot fighters
              How do you define "shot" ?

Comment

Ditto is a better fighter than Vargas abd Vargas was absolutely done after the Trinidad fight. Cotto is still among the best fighters at 154. It's really that tricky of a question.

Comment

Originally posted by IST-ra-GLEr2 View Post
                  Oscar. Nando was juiced to the bone and got koed. Past prime cotto bloodied Floyd's fragile nose.
                  Yea he busted Floyds nose, but Vargas almost floored Oscar in the 1st round and busted him up too..so whats your point?and wasn't that past prime Vargas as well?? tell me after that lose what he went on to do besides lose
                  Last edited by Larry the boss; 04-23-2014, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Wadd View Post
                    Cotto & Vargas were roughly on the same caliber in their primes.
                    Oscar beating vargas and it's not close. Also, I stopped reading your rubbish here, because you couldn't even start off your own thread with an accurate statement.

Comment

Working...
                    X