Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point in Floyds career did you realize he was the TBE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post

FLOYD MAYWEATHER SPARRING 168-POUND FIGHTER FOR 15 ROUNDS WHILE PREPARING FOR MARCOS MAIDANA
    If he is 168-Pounds, then there is a Floyd Fan with a triple Digit IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantastic One View Post
      A great boxer that doesn't do many great things can't be the best ever. Yet you fucking Flomos cry that people are hating on Floyd and you post crap like this.
      so going from 130-154 defeating ten hofers undefeated 4 lineal 5 wbc titles is not a great accomplishment.

name one fighter in this era that has done the same.

Comment

This is like saying Lebron or Kobe is the best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          Ray Leonard: "Roberto Duran? He's from Panama, I can't fight him"
          It's funny you quoted that.

In a recent Tommy Hearns interview with Jenna @ On The Ropes Radio, he said that fighters today fight each other more than fighters of the past in his time. He said guys in his era ducked each other more.

Comment

Threads like these make me sick yo.

He isn't TBE.. Plain and simple. There's a few reasons I think he can't be "TBE":

1. Has ducked multiple fighters:
            Pacquiao*
            Paul Williams(!)
            Antonio Margarito(?)
            Prime Miguel Cotto, waited till he was faded

2. Level of opposition isn't comparable to the other ALL TIME GREATS... You don't have to go far, IMO Pernell Whitaker faced better opposition and he looks just as good as Floyd. Muhammad Ali avenged all of his defeats (when he was able) and when he was past his prime, fought better opposition than Floyd. Ray Leonard's opposition was nuts. Henry Armstrong's level of opposition was insane.

There's more but I'll leave it at that. Floyd is not the greatest. NO ****ing way.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              I knew he was special after Diego but he will never be TBE.
              this up here says it all!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandish View Post
                so going from 130-154 defeating ten hofers undefeated 4 lineal 5 wbc titles is not a great accomplishment.

That is a great accomplishment but what's funny is when I mention Oscar's accomplishments, most blacks start discrediting it.

I never denied that he is a great boxer but most of the time, he's fighting the guys for most money/least risks. While smart, not something the best ever would do. Best ever would of beaten Pac long time ago, wouldn't request a catch weight vs Canelo and so forth. Hope you're understanding me where I come from.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
                  Threads like these make me sick yo.

He isn't TBE.. Plain and simple. There's a few reasons I think he can't be "TBE":

1. Has ducked multiple fighters:
                  Pacquiao*
                  Paul Williams(!)
                  Antonio Margarito(?)
                  Prime Miguel Cotto, waited till he was faded

2. Level of opposition isn't comparable to the other ALL TIME GREATS... You don't have to go far, IMO Pernell Whitaker faced better opposition and he looks just as good as Floyd. Muhammad Ali avenged all of his defeats (when he was able) and when he was past his prime, fought better opposition than Floyd. Ray Leonard's opposition was nuts. Henry Armstrong's level of opposition was insane.

There's more but I'll leave it at that. Floyd is not the greatest. NO ****ing way.
                  EXACTLY...Floyd fanboys confuse ppv numbers and money in the bank as legit attributes of a great boxer. Theyre all confused

Comment

Originally posted by Brandish View Post

I have pulled you up before for this disingenuous Tripe.

Please name these 10 Hall Of Famers for us.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTambourineMan View Post
                      If he is 168-Pounds, then there is a Floyd Fan with a triple Digit IQ.
                      Considering Floyd fought Canelo when Canelo weighed 165 lbs on fight night, it's not so unusual.

Comment

Working...
                      X