Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Stevenson gonna beat Hopkins? KO him? Outbox him? Outhustle him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpaw King View Post
    I like b hop a lot but idk man...Adonis has a big chance
    How? .

Comment

Just watch the Dawson fight. Dawson gave Adonis the blueprint.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
        Just watch the Dawson fight. Dawson gave Adonis the blueprint.
        We gonna be playin traingle theories?

Stevenson got sparked by Boone.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          KO ? Hopkins has great defence and chin plus excellent recuperative powers. Bhop is always mentally switched on. Eyes locked on you. If this adonis guy thinks hes gonna land a left and its fight over, hes got another thing coming.

Can't outbox him.

And doesn't throw enough punches to outhustle him. And Cant fight on the inside.
          Follow the blueprint used by Calslappy -- Don't let B-Hop get a moments rest. Smother him, rough him up and out hustle him ... If that's possible.

If Adonis tries to outbox B-hop that would be a huge mistake.

Comment

Dawsons jab is clearly better than Stevensons

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
              Follow the blueprint used by Calslappy -- Don't let B-Hop get a moments rest. Smother him, rough him up and out hustle him ... If that's possible.

If Adonis tries to outbox B-hop that would be a huge mistake.
              Stevenson doesnt throw many punches and smothering him would smother his own punching power and also bhop is a way better inside fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                It is gonna happen if Stevenson beats Fonfara. They are not paying Stevenson 1.7mil to fight Fonfara to then go on and fight Joe Schmo. Plus, hopkins keeps saying stevenson is next.
                It isn't a multi-fight deal though....so far it's implied that Stevenson is there for the long haul, but they just bid higher for that one fight.

Now, Stevenson might sign a multi-fight deal before/after Fonfara with Showtime. Most likely after to be absolutely sure in case he loses.

But I see no reason why he wouldn't put his services up to bids again since the first time was motivated by money. This time HBO will actually put an effort up and he can drive his money up at the same time.

I'd be surprised if he didn't put his fight up for bid again. Get a good multi-deal and minimum as insurance

Comment

Bhops too old to withstand Adonis power.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    It isn't a multi-fight deal though....so far it's implied that Stevenson is there for the long haul, but they just bid higher for that one fight.

Now, Stevenson might sign a multi-fight deal before/after Fonfara with Showtime. Most likely after to be absolutely sure in case he loses.

But I see no reason why he wouldn't put his services up to bids again since the first time was motivated by money. This time HBO will actually put an effort up and he can drive his money up at the same time.

I'd be surprised if he didn't put his fight up for bid again. Get a good multi-deal and minimum as insurance
                    Stevenson is an Al Haymon fighter.
                    Hopkins and al haymon are friends.Hopkins thanked haymon in the post fight interview.

Comment

I say Stevenson defeats Bernard Hopkins by simply outworking and out hustling him. It's just simple arithmetic. One can easily beat him with pure volume punching; Since he prefers fighting at a slow pace and only averages less than 40 punches per round.

Comment

Working...
                      X