Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing goat has wlad the better p4p fighter than rigo. Do u agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a true boxing fan so once the fighters weigh less than anorexic teenage girls I'm kinda out of the loop

Comment

Right now, yes. Floyd, Pac and Wlad are IMO the top 3 P4P RIGHT NOW as they are the most proven, consistent, and dominant fighters over the longest period of time. Floyd's there for obvious reasons. Manny beat a high ranked P4P fighter (in reality twice, and was probably on his way to a win over JMM) so could have been undefeated for what - 10 years? Just as Wlad is now. Wlad has been the dominant force and has cleaned out his division. Very rarely is there going to be a heavyweight with everything...that's like saying Tyson had no outside game - clearly certain fighters will have certain strengths, weaknesses and fighting styles. Now, I'm not a fan particularly of Wlad's lack of inside fighting, but it works for him the way he fights, he wins...so good for him.

Right now Ward is too inactive, and Rigo - important for this discussion, is right now too unproven to be above Wlad. At about 15-20 fights, with a few more signature wins, he probably can be put above Wlad.

But this is all just my opinion, take it as you wish.

Comment

How would you rate this HW era?

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          I got rigo higher than wlad

Ring have wlad number 3
          Proof that ring rankings are crap.. There is no logical case for wlad to be ahead of Floyd, ward, rigo, manny, no matter how you slice it.. Resume wise they all have better wins, and skills wise they all have better wins.. Wlad is getting credit for dominating a weak division for a longtime...

Comment

Other than Riddick Bowe,
            name fighters with long arms and legs that could fight on the inside

too easy........ken norton.

the fighters of the past had a multitude of styles. that "inside style" is pretty much gone in modern day heavyweight fighting tho.

guys like holly field would throw 8 punch combinations to the head and body (thats unheard of today)

Comment

Other than Riddick Bowe, name fighters with long arms and legs that could fight on the inside.
              Lennox had his dirty uppercuts.

If Wlad was 6'2" i assume he would have more of an inside fighting. It's like when people compare the mobility and coordination of a 7' footer with a shorter guy's.

Comment

Other than Riddick Bowe, name fighters with long arms and legs that could fight on the inside.
                im assuming you forgot to say heavyweights, because if we are talking any division there are countless lanky fighters who were great inside.

sandy saddler
                mike mccallum
                chico corrales
                alexis arguello
                felix trinidad
                paul williams
                bob foster
                bowe (like mentioned)

and many more

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                  How would you rate this HW era?
                  Poor,,,it actually has potential but none of the ranked guys fight each other, they all play it safe and then land the klit fight with whatever brother and get beat..

Adamek
                  Povetkin
                  Haye
                  Fury

Any combination of those fighters over the past few years would have given us some great fights, throw in stiverne, arreola, chisora, and there are a lot of interesting match ups to be mad...

Heavy division was worse when wlad took over in 07

Comment

Rigo has 1 good win, Wlad's been running the HW division for 9 yrs

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      wlad and someone else cleared out the division aka wlad didn't do it
                      Touché, I suppose. I still wouldn't push him all of the way out of the top 10 though. Err, I just can't do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X