Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screw it.... Clottey vs Kirkland: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    I wonder if Clottey could shell up long enough for Kirkland to punch himself out. Or if he would shell up too much and the ref would stop it.
    Clottey should never fight in the UK

Comment

with Clottey's career reviving win and his managerial problems presumably out of the way, I would hope he stays more active.
      Joe Degaurdria.....or w/e his name is, said he's looking to match him with one of the champs with Andrade being co-promoted by him.

Also, Vanes is a possibility

I hope they make this somewhere down the line though. Clottey/Kirkland that is. Kirkland can't sit forever. Hell, maybe even the Provo card coming up making it a triple header

Comment

I voted Clottey wins by KO. Kirkland always fights the same way. He goes after the opponent with lots of hard punches in bunches. This usually works on lesser fighters and Kirkland gets a KO. It would not work on Clottey because Clottey has a very tight defense and quick, hard, accurate counter punches. He will catch Kirkland charging in just like Ishida did. Kirkland would become frustrated and careless and Clottey would knock him out. Kirkland does not take a punch that well and Clottey certainly has the power to get him out of there and that is what he will do. I think Kirkland is over rated. He looks impressive knocking out lesser fighters but he is 30 years old and has never won a title and I doubt he ever will. He is too easy to hit and too easy to hurt. He is always going to lose to the better fighters who have fast hard accurate punches and Clottey is one of those fighters as Mundine just found out. Kirkland will never be better than a number 7 or 8 contender.

Comment

I don't see Clottey getting stopped, unless he just shelled up too much and the ref steps in. But frankly, I think Clottey would win. He's got good skills and I think he'd definitely be able to hurt Kirkland enough before being hurt or overwhelmed himself.

Comment

if clottey fought in the UK, most of his fights be stopped in the 1st or 2nd rd.

refs over there would be confused at the triple shell defense from clottey and just wave that **** off

Comment

I'm surprised most is saying clottey . I think once Kirkland hits him and doesn't stop coming , clottey goes back into his turtle shell

Comment

Even if Clottey went full turtle like he did versus Pacquiao, the few times he pops out would probably still be enough to stop Kirkland. And I doubt that Clottey would turtle anywhere close to the same level as the Pacquaio fight with Kirkland's lack of speed.

Comment

Yes sir....I'll take that fight over Nelo-Lara any day.....Lara and Nelo is a very relevant fight and they're gonna play chess....I have nothing against that.....but Kirkland and Clottey would get it turned way up....I think that fight can actually be made....no cold war implications with those two....let's get it

Comment

The grand master is too mentally strong for kirkland.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenpire View Post
                      The grand master is too mentally strong for kirkland.
                      This too. Clottey is about as tough as it gets in more ways than one. Plus, even though Kirkland is very active, Clottey had more trouble with Manny's speed than I think he would with Kirkland's. I think we could see Kirkland stopped, maybe late if he punches himself out and Clottey manages to remain fresh with his defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X