Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo vs. Lara: Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the best thing that happened to Canelo was his fight with floyd. It really opened his eyes to his style. He looked better in his next fight and will look even better in the next. He's diversified his style.

He learns quick, is young, solid, determined, focused and hits very hard. I got him taking Lara out in later rounds. Fairly tough fight, but Canelo takes it. I think he might even have figured out how not to gas out and carry his endurance to later rounds.

Comment

• Why are there like 12 threads?

Comment

• I'm taking Lara to win on points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          Canelo fought Angulo after Landy broke his face so what does that mean?

You misunderstood: Angulo picked the size of ring, the rehydration clause, didn't comply while Lara did and he still got his face broken.

Canelo had every advantage in the Trout fight with BS open scoring and barely squeaked a decision. Also with the weight issue in the Angulo fight, the day before the fight "I can't make way btw doe"

Edit: yeah Canelo fought Trout and Angulo under better circumstances, for Canelo

Angulo picked the size of the ring for their undercard fight you might be reaching a bit there.

I'll give you the imaginary oral contract stipulation with the rehydration though, a shame Angulo didn't comply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Canelo might have a bit more power but it's not some huge difference like you guys are claiming.

Lara undressed Trout and dropped him. Canelo struggled and dropped him.

Canelo fought Angulo under better circumstances than Lara. Lara made him quit and Tony Weeks stopped the fight with Canelo.
            I find it funny that many people feel it's a forgone conclusion that Lara will be ko'd or battered. Not that it can't happen but Canelo isn't a one punch ko artist. Although Canelo hurt and dropped trout early in the seventh (I believe) he still wasn't able to put him away; as a matter of fact trout came back strong. Couple that with the fact that it's difficult to hit Lara with a clean blow with any sort of consistency. Among active fighters, Lara ranks in the top three in terms of opponent connect %.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
              Angulo picked the size of the ring for their undercard fight you might be reaching a bit there.

I'll give you the imaginary oral contract stipulation with the rehydration though, a shame Angulo didn't comply.
              So they didn't fight in a phone booth? And Canelo didn't have an advantage over Trout or Angulo?

Open scoring and didn't make the contracted weight. Meanwhile Lara fought Trout on even terms and Angulo had terms favoring himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Why are there like 12 threads?
                People can't use the search option.

Comment

• Originally posted by northstar View Post
                  I find it funny that many people feel it's a forgone conclusion that Lara will be ko'd or battered. Not that it can't happen but Canelo isn't a one punch ko artist. Although Canelo hurt and dropped trout early in the seventh (I believe) he still wasn't able to put him away; as a matter of fact trout came back strong. Couple that with the fact that it's difficult to hit Lara with a clean blow with any sort of consistency. Among active fighters, Lara ranks in the top three in terms of opponent connect %.
                  It's laughable really. Angulo dropping Lara is Canelotards claim at 'Canelo gonna KO Lara' LoL wut

Trout won the round that Canelo dropped him in FFS

Can Canelo drop Lara? Possibly. Will he KO him? Possibly. Anything can happen in boxing. Is it likely? No.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    People can't use the search option.
                    Lol this.. And I've said in some of those threads "there is a master thread already. Use search function"

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                      Lol this.. And I've said in some of those threads "there is a master thread already. Use search function"
                      Theres times when you see the same thread at least twice on the first page, literally.

Comment

Working...
                      X