Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo vs. Lara: Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is truly a 50/50 fight. Those who have either fighter winning by a land slide are just taking a shot in the dark or are simply obsessed fans. I think it will go down to the cards. If Lara can fight hit fight and can catch Canelo early with some clean shots, Canelo will have a hard time all night with Lara's movement. If Canelo can pressure Lara to the ropes often, this will benefit Canelo with his beautiful combinations. One little thing I like to consider is, Lara is coming in as an underdog again and he has proven to himself that he can go through adversity. How will Canelo react if he finds himself in the canvas especially after a recent loss?

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
      there is already a master thread
      So? Don't see it and I want to talk about the fight.
      Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
      The only thing with Lara is he's not really creative with his offense, he's not really versatile with his punches, to me it's easy to time that. Also he might do himself no favors by staying complacent with just doing enough to win, even in the P.will fight where he really won, there were times he wasn't very active and that could hurt him.

I really don't know who to pick in this fight.
      Exactly how I feel, I can't choose in this match up. People actually have these wrong ideas for both men and what they bring to the table. People need to actually watch them carefully and they will understand how wrong they are. Majority picking a Canelo KO(I know I put it as an option) is complete ignorance and lack of respect. To pick a fighter to lose by KO when the style and skill both fighters posses are pretty much a 50/50 ordeal is irresponsible and shows lack of knowledge. Explain how such an outcome will come about, Lara has a longer reach and hits with more power, look at what he did to Trout and Angulo. He is also not lacking a brain.
      Originally posted by icha View Post
      i disagree, he outbrawled angulo because of his speed and power, took perros soul from the very first punch... if you think that canelos ko ratio is fake then you are in for a surprise...
      Oh no I am definitely not saying Canelo can't smack, he definitely could get a stoppage on fighters with his power, it's just that he's not exactly a concussive puncher. I disagree in the Angulo fight he didn't outbrawl him but surgically dismantled him mentally and physically. Yes his first punch where he smashed Angulo with a hard flush shot was the beginning of a clinic, he never let Angulo control the fight and smother and control the distance to neutralize Angulo completely. Canelo footwork and defense is highly underrated and I say he's slightly better than Lara at both things, however he is not a harder hitter. Lara broke Angulo face that's the difference, he was closer to stopping Trout and took his heart away with his power. Both have speed, Lara advantage in feet while Canelo with the hands and I have to see who will use the best gameplan and who can adjust to the other better.
      Last edited by Akuza Da Root; 06-16-2014, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Akuza Da Root View Post
        So? Don't see it and I want to talk about the fight.

Exactly how I feel, I can't choose in this match up. People actually have these wrong ideas for both men and what they bring to the table. People need to actually watch them carefully and they will understand how wrong they are. Majority picking a Canelo KO(I know I put it as an option) is complete ignorance and lack of respect. To pick a fighter to lose by KO when the style and skill both fighters posses are pretty much a 50/50 ordeal is irresponsible and shows lack of knowledge. Explain how such an outcome will come about, Lara has a longer reach and hits with more power, look at what he did to Trout and Angulo. He is also not lacking a brain.

Oh no I am definitely not saying Canelo can't smack, he definitely could get a stoppage on fighters with his power, it's just that he's not exactly a concussive puncher. I disagree in the Angulo fight he didn't outbrawl him but surgically dismantled him mentally and physically. Yes his first punch where he smashed Angulo with a hard flush shot was the beginning of a clinic, he never let Angulo control the fight and smother and control the distance to neutralize Angulo completely. Canelo footwork and defense is highly underrated and I say he's slightly better than Lara at both things, however he is not a harder hitter. Lara broke Angulo face that's the difference, he was closer to stopping Trout and took his heart away with his power. Both have speed, Lara advantage in feet while Canelo with the hands and I have to see who will use the best gameplan and who can adjust to the other better.
        angulos injury came from accumulation, even a teenager could shut your eye after hitting you 200 times, specially if you dont move your head, there was no power from lara on that fight, thats the reason angulo showed no respect for his punches.. but i respect your opinion, i guess we will find out fight night...

Comment

• Canelo hit Angulo in the face with a considerable larger margin of punches than Lara did, that's the difference as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Basco View Post
            This is truly a 50/50 fight. Those who have either fighter winning by a land slide are just taking a shot in the dark or are simply obsessed fans. I think it will go down to the cards. If Lara can fight hit fight and can catch Canelo early with some clean shots, Canelo will have a hard time all night with Lara's movement. If Canelo can pressure Lara to the ropes often, this will benefit Canelo with his beautiful combinations. One little thing I like to consider is, Lara is coming in as an underdog again and he has proven to himself that he can go through adversity. How will Canelo react if he finds himself in the canvas especially after a recent loss?
            That is something to consider, we seen how Lara reacts to adversity, Boeing knocked down on the canvas for the first time in his career, his face showed composure and measurement. Lara became more focused, more lethal and execute the gameplan with determined urgent discipline.

Canelo on the other hand has shown to give up a little in his fight with Mayweather. He displayed body language of inner turmoil at some points of the fight when he didn't have things going his way. I think Canelo is psychologically head strong and can deal with adversity like he did against Cotto's older broth when he was 19 but Lara may have the coolness factor in the fight

Comment

• I am betting on Canelo. Ko highly possible but I think it'll go to the cards with Canelo winning at least 3 10-8 rounds.

Lara does have a chance to win but it won't be by stoppage. Work output is his best friend in this fight, especially when Canelo gasses and takes breaks during the mid-late rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Akuza Da Root View Post
                Canelo hit Angulo in the face with a considerable larger margin of punches than Lara did, that's the difference as well.
                canelo was hitting angulo everywhere not just the face, unlike lara who didnt go to the body that night, it was jab and 1-2 to the face all night... again angulo showed no respect to laras power ...

Comment

• 116-112 Lara.

Comment

• where is the fake discussion and analysis thread for this fight?

Comment

• Been thinking about the fight a lot. Canelo will have to be a fighter he isn't in order to beat Lara. I just don't see him pressuring him, like he would need to. Angulo showed, Lara could be hurt to the body, but in no way is Canelo gonna expose himself to the punishment he'll have to take in order to land something significant. He likes fighting guys on the outside and only coming in if he lands something significant. He's not landing anything on the outside against Lara.

Comment

Working...
                      X