Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geale hinting he'll be back in the ring soon.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geale hinting he'll be back in the ring soon.

Looking like it is what it is!

Steve Kim ***8207;@stevemaxboxing 5h
    Being told that a bout between Danny Geale and Mathew Macklin is a possibility for May 24th on HBO. Nothing finalized #boxing

Rumor so far, but looks like more than coincidence

Daniel Geale ***8207;@RealDealGeale 1m
    Just got off the phone. Could have some exciting news to announce in the next few days.
    Pumped. Cant wait to get back in the ring.

Any guesses at who it can be?

Maybe that guy that won on GGG/Adama undercard, he's an Aussie too.

Andy Lee and Macklin free. Shoot, Macklin posted this earlier today...could be coincidence... hoping it's not

matthew macklin ***8207;@mattmacklin 15h
    Will have some big news coming soon!
    Last edited by Hougigo; 04-05-2014, 09:18 PM.

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    Daniel Geale ***8207;@RealDealGeale 1m
    Just got off the phone. Could have some exciting news to announce in the next few days.
    Pumped. Cant wait to get back in the ring.

Any guesses at who it can be?

Maybe that guy that won on GGG/Adama undercard, he's an Aussie too.

Andy Lee and Macklin free. Shoot, Macklin posted this earlier today...could be coincidence... hoping it's not

matthew macklin ***8207;@mattmacklin 15h
    Will have some big news coming soon!
    Geale/Macklin wouldn't be a bad match-up to make. According to BoxRec, Lee's going to fight in the UK next month. Murray or Saunders perhaps? It does say he's fighting in Wales though, so maybe he's the one fighting Geale.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Geale/Macklin wouldn't be a bad match-up to make. According to BoxRec, Lee's going to fight in the UK next month. Murray or Saunders perhaps?
      Murray got Tetteh coming up later. Lee...Last I heard Lou was trying to hook him up with Nelson on the May 24 card, but eww to that.

Saunders.... haven't heard much on him.... last rumor I heard was he was going to challenge for the EBU belt. I forgot his name, but it was the guy who beat Nader at home.

Comment

Daniel Geale ***8207;@RealDealGeale 2m
        @KFZ001 the guy I am fighting has had some big fights. Can't give any more than that until after it gets locked in. Sorry mate

Comment

I think u meant Nielsen. The benefit of fighting him is that he's ranked in the top 7 of every sanctioning body. I'd rather that match-up than another unranked nobody.

Does Geale have any ties with a network?

Comment

Macklin could be the one. Pretty sweet fight if it comes off.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              I think u meant Nielsen. The benefit of fighting him is that he's ranked in the top 7 of every sanctioning body. I'd rather that match-up than another unranked nobody.

Does Geale have any ties with a network?
              Australlian TV maybe? I just know that evidently his fights have to be on PPV to sustain his paycheck or something.

I don't think they'll match him with Nielsen... think they'll try to build him up over there. Also... big fights is relative.

Mundine said his opponent had been in big fights and surprise surprise... it was Carson Jones

Comment

He favorited this... hopeful thinking?

20m: @RealDealGeale
                Hahaha. Macklin said he's coming back soon. Coincidence or no? Gah, I hate secret. Also can't wait to see you back

Comment

Geale macklin would be solid...

Geale quillen would be better, or kirkland

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    Australlian TV maybe? I just know that evidently his fights have to be on PPV to sustain his paycheck or something.

I don't think they'll match him with Nielsen... think they'll try to build him up over there. Also... big fights is relative.

Mundine said his opponent had been in big fights and surprise surprise... it was Carson Jones
                    In your first reply, you said Lou (Dibella?) was trying to match Lee with Nelson (Nielsen?). It's definitely not a big fight, but it's an improvement from who Lee has been fighting recently. Lee/Nielsen leads to something better.

As for Geale, I think he knows he needs to fight someone notable in order to get back on a major network.

Comment

Working...
                    X