Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geale hinting he'll be back in the ring soon.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    In your first reply, you said Lou (Dibella?) was trying to match Lee with Nelson (Nielsen?). It's definitely not a big fight, but it's an improvement from who Lee has been fighting recently. Lee/Nielsen leads to something better.

As for Geale, I think he knows he needs to fight someone notable in order to get back on a major network.
    Sorry, Lou Dibella was trying to match Andy Lee with Willie Nelson after Kirkland seems to have cold feet.

HBO seemed to be done with him regardless after Barker unless it was with Golovkin.

IMO, if they bring him back again, they have to do it where he's on an undercard or against a regional favorite. I don't know if he can hold a main against anyone he wants yet in the States.

If he fights Andy Lee though, they could do that in the Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      Sorry, Lou Dibella was trying to match Andy Lee with Willie Nelson after Kirkland seems to have cold feet.

HBO seemed to be done with him regardless after Barker unless it was with Golovkin.

IMO, if they bring him back again, they have to do it where he's on an undercard or against a regional favorite. I don't know if he can hold a main against anyone he wants yet in the States.

If he fights Andy Lee though, they could do that in the Garden
      Dibella doubleheader with Lee and Macklin would work well.

Comment

Sounds like Mack it is which is fine also N'Jikam would be good

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
          Sounds like Mack it is which is fine also N'Jikam would be good
          I'm fine with either. N'Dam is fighting again in the UK this month

Comment

With GGG's next fight almost set it's now safe for Geale to come out of hiding.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Dibella doubleheader with Lee and Macklin would work well.
              He still has both guys.... make stuff happen

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                Australlian TV maybe? I just know that evidently his fights have to be on PPV to sustain his paycheck or something.

I don't think they'll match him with Nielsen... think they'll try to build him up over there. Also... big fights is relative.

Mundine said his opponent had been in big fights and surprise surprise... it was Carson Jones
                No ties to a network! Fighters don't have that problem over here.
                Basically over here if ur a pro boxer and the card gets televised... It will b on fox sports. But once a fighter gets to a certain level eg geale, mundine... Then their fights will b on a channel called main event, which is the channel that shows all the American boxing. That channel is a PPV channel. So u have to order every event u want to watch. Over here that's our only way of watching American boxing. When an Aussie fights u would pay $50. If it's American it would b $30. Plus we only have a chance of watching the bigger cards...eg broner vs maidana...$30 over here...free for u.
                So unless a American boxer has been on a big card...chances r we have never seen em fight. I never buy PPV when it's an Aussie...but buy every American event. I did buy geale's last fight though just cause I hadn't seen any events for a month or 2. They stuffed up the music on geale's ring walk.. Cut out! The fight b4 the main event 1 dude slipped to the canvas and his opponent went 4 the ko while he was trying to get back up! Ref didn't call a slip. Commentators didn't even pick up on it...like WTF! Pretty pathetic over here, hence the reason I only watch and support American boxing!!!
                So if u come across an Aussie that says they r a huge boxing fan but don't seem to know that much....it's cause we can only watch what we can watch.
                YouTube plays a big part of my life!!!

Rant over!!

Comment

Good fight if it is Mack.

But Macklin and Lee need to fight in Ireland. That fight would be fascinating - a genuine 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    Good fight if it is Mack.

But Macklin and Lee need to fight in Ireland. That fight would be fascinating - a genuine 50/50.
                    They should've done it this year at MSG, dunno.

They should though... they have N'Dam fighting there too

Comment

Fk this guy. Ducked a chance at the best fighter in his division . I'm not gonna watch his fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X