No announcement yet.

Acceptance of todays boxing scene.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whytetittie View Post
    mma is dying. 340k ppv's sold for their biggest star. 269k ppv's for a card with two belts on it.
    It's not dying.... It hasn't really grown in statue as of late either.. Really hasn't grown since 2011..
    I think UFC does a horrible job of showing their fights on tv.. They are all over the place on different days, different times, different channels, constantly..

Since they pretty much control all their fighters, I think UFC should adopt the wwe model and have a tv show once a week that hypes the next PPv.. Kinda like a Monday night raw but for UFC and on say Wednesday nights.. Nothing is on, and UFC could do a Wednesday night show every week with the unranked guys and some contenders, and hype the PPv that's every 2 months.. I would have top 5 ranked guys and champs only on the PPv... This would help stabilize their audience and help them build stars and anticipation for their PPv

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      It's not dying.... It hasn't really grown in statue as of late either.. Really hasn't grown since 2011..
      I think UFC does a horrible job of showing their fights on tv.. They are all over the place on different days, different times, different channels, constantly..

Since they pretty much control all their fighters, I think UFC should adopt the wwe model and have a tv show once a week that hypes the next PPv.. Kinda like a Monday night raw but for UFC and on say Wednesday nights.. Nothing is on, and UFC could do a Wednesday night show every week with the unranked guys and some contenders, and hype the PPv that's every 2 months.. I would have top 5 ranked guys and champs only on the PPv... This would help stabilize their audience and help them build stars and anticipation for their PPv

I agree, mma could have been the next great combat sport. In 2009 I thought nothing would stop it. But the people running the show have brought the growth to a halt. Since 2011 it's been down hill every year. Now with GSP and Anderson gone the sport is fading away. None of my friends watch it anymore.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Eller B View Post
          Lol that was actually cute as shyt

Comment

Some fights failed to materialize then too, but nothing as pathetic as the sports 2 biggest stars, who compete in the same division, failing to fight each other and just among excuses to not face the other. They are trying to win a PR war instead of actually fightng each other and winning.

Then you had a lot of their stupid fans trying so desperately to defend the object of their man-love desires, that they actually take pride in "proving" that it's the other fighter's fault

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Well in the 60s 70s and 80s everyone fought each other, and all the big fights happened...

In todays climate,, ali would have said he didnt need frazier, and then laughed when he got ko'd by foreman... Ali then wouldnt fight foreman because his legacy was set and didnt need fo reman...

Or hearns never fighting SRL, or hagler,,,

Your statement is a joke,, yes ducks have happened in the past but not at the rate you see today, when every fight is a handpicked opponent

Quillen's next opponent will be handpicked

Same with mikey garcia

floyd wont be fighting the bradley/manny winner but instead some youngester

porter aint fighting thurman, but he will beat up old man pauli,,,

LMAO,,,, This sport is pathetic, and to even call it a sport is nonsense,, Its an entertaining spectacle, but isnt a sport at all

Comment

We just need to get Max Kellerman to rap again and get on the mic with young AB, that will stir things up

Comment

It's always been about the money.

Comment

Working...
                X