No announcement yet.

Acceptance of todays boxing scene.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whytetittie View Post
    mma? clear winners? did you see the mcmann vs rousey or barao vs faber fights? What is a meaningful fight in mma? Jones vs Sonnen? Tate coming off a loss for a belt?
    Dude your about the biggest mma hater ever, yet you constantly post about it and obviously watch ever fight, since you can clearly can point out certain fights..

Yes MMA does alot much better job than boxing,.,

St peirre comes back from injury and fights the top 3 guys.. serg comes back and is gonna fight little cotto,,,

Lesner comes back from injury and has to defend vs top guys

just had jones-gustafson, and about to get jones-glover

Weidman-machida

The list goes on and on,,, but only a douche hater will think boxing does better matchups than MMA

Hell even bellator makes their guys fight each other no matter what...

But i guess your satisfied with handpicked opponents, meaningless matchups like broner-molina, no rule book, crap rankings, and all the other crap from boxing.....

let me know when top guys in boxing fight each other.... HBO has both serg and ggg and still cant make that fight happen

Canelo-Floyd had to contested at a CW even though both champs,, LMAO

Your an idiot if you think boxing is a real sport compared to MMA

Remind me again how many world champs are in boxing LMAO,, how many rugular champs, super champs, interm champs, etc...

UFC is viewed as the world title in the sport, and those world titlists fight a top guy everytime, with the occassional money-grab fight ie sonnan vs jones

To compare HBO, showtime, GBP, TR, matchmaking to UFC is beyond ******ed, and to say that those companies do it better is even more ******ed.. You have just gone full ******

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Dude your about the biggest mma hater ever, yet you constantly post about it and obviously watch ever fight, since you can clearly can point out certain fights..

Yes MMA does alot much better job than boxing,.,

St peirre comes back from injury and fights the top 3 guys.. serg comes back and is gonna fight little cotto,,,

Lesner comes back from injury and has to defend vs top guys

just had jones-gustafson, and about to get jones-glover

Weidman-machida

The list goes on and on,,, but only a douche hater will think boxing does better matchups than MMA

Hell even bellator makes their guys fight each other no matter what...

But i guess your satisfied with handpicked opponents, meaningless matchups like broner-molina, no rule book, crap rankings, and all the other crap from boxing.....

let me know when top guys in boxing fight each other.... HBO has both serg and ggg and still cant make that fight happen

Canelo-Floyd had to contested at a CW even though both champs,, LMAO

Your an idiot if you think boxing is a real sport compared to MMA

Remind me again how many world champs are in boxing LMAO,, how many rugular champs, super champs, interm champs, etc...

UFC is viewed as the world title in the sport, and those world titlists fight a top guy everytime, with the occassional money-grab fight ie sonnan vs jones

To compare HBO, showtime, GBP, TR, matchmaking to UFC is beyond ******ed, and to say that those companies do it better is even more ******ed.. You have just gone full ******
      UFC is world class? Is that why strikeforce guys came over and wrecked the ufc guys?

Comment

Snake size is the most important thing today

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
          Stop being dramatic. There was never a time when there was no ducking, you can't force people to fight.

2013 was a banner year.

Crying is what boxing fans do best.
          Well in the 60s 70s and 80s everyone fought each other, and all the big fights happened...

In todays climate,, ali would have said he didnt need frazier, and then laughed when he got ko'd by foreman... Ali then wouldnt fight foreman because his legacy was set and didnt need foreman...

Or hearns never fighting SRL, or hagler,,,

Your statement is a joke,, yes ducks have happened in the past but not at the rate you see today, when every fight is a handpicked opponent

Quillen's next opponent will be handpicked

Same with mikey garcia

floyd wont be fighting the bradley/manny winner but instead some youngester

porter aint fighting thurman, but he will beat up old man pauli,,,

LMAO,,,, This sport is pathetic, and to even call it a sport is nonsense,, Its an entertaining spectacle, but isnt a sport at all

Comment

Originally posted by whytetittie View Post
            UFC is world class? Is that why strikeforce guys came over and wrecked the ufc guys?
            How would you even know this, if you werent a huge mma fan that follows the sport,,

and what Strikeforce guys wrecked shop in UFC,, Cormier,, thats about it

Diaz got his ass whipped repeatedly and showed he cant hang at the top level of UFC

Melendez came over and lost

Who are these WRECKERS from strikeforce,,, Maybe Giant Silva, or Barnett.. LMAO both have been beatdown badly in UFC

Please name these WRECKERS or Just STFU with your trolling

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again; boxing is the worst run sport in the world but it's also the best sport in the world.

The power guys - Arum, Haymon, Schaefer, Mayweather, Espinoza - are squandering the inherent brilliance of the sport with their greed/power/ego trips and pettiness.

The politics at the heart of the sport are ridiculous and soul-destroying but I still consider the sport above mere "entertainment". Sometimes all of us nerds are too entrenched in the sport to realise how great it actually is.

Believe me, it still ****s on all sports. There's a reason why, as I have gotten older, that I have become incredibly bored with all other sports and yet my relationship with boxing only gets stronger and deeper.

Comment

LMAO,,,, This sport is pathetic, and to even call it a sport is nonsense,, Its an entertaining spectacle, but isnt a sport at all
                To call boxing a sport is under-estimating it's power, anyway. Seriously, I'm still surprised adults actually cares about all these other sports - low-stakes, disposable stuff.

Oh, and if you guys don't think all these other amazing sports aren't dictated by money and fabricated hype, you are all out of your goddamn mind. It's all just as greedy as boxing, they just pretend it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                  To call boxing a sport is under-estimating it's power, anyway. Seriously, I'm still surprised adults actually cares about all these other sports - low-stakes, disposable stuff.

Oh, and if you guys don't think all these other amazing sports aren't dictated by money and fabricated hype, you are all out of your goddamn mind. It's all just as greedy as boxing, they just pretend it isn't.
                  I agree with some that your saying, but in other sports, the best play the best,,
                  In the world cup, teams are forced to play against each other,,
                  same with american football, baseball, basketball....

You will never see a team duck another team,,, Thats the huge difference, and yes they all revolve around money, but other sports have figured out the best way to make the most money is to give fans what they wanna see,,, Boxing gives us too many cherrypicks and hypejobs to be considered a real sport, and other sports actually have rules,, boxing has zero rules except for what everyone agrees to on fight night,,

Hence why in the US, boxing has fallen behind Nascar and Golf as major sports...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronsky View Post
                    I've come to accept that boxing is just a form of entertainment (for the most part) now. By that I mean that I've accepted it's not longer the best vs the best but the most popular vs the most popular and that money will always be the deciding factor in making fights, not whether or not someone does or doesn't deserve it. Honestly I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders from this and I will just enjoy fights for what they are and not look to deep into it.
                    Yes, I am slowly coming to accept it too. I am not all the way there but really it can hardly be called a sport anymore.

Comment

Well in the 60s 70s and 80s everyone fought each other, and all the big fights happened...
                      Sure they did buddy. Nobody ducked, nobody was protected, no bad decisions, no mismatches, no phony champions.

Btw many UFC fighters turn down fights all the time, even though they are with the same promoter. Not to mention no cross-promotion ever, basically up until a few years ago you never got to see a good chunk of the talent face each other and even now with the UFC owning 90% of the talent you never get to see any superfights. You list a bunch of matchups in boxing that if they were to take place in MMA their fans would not complain about.

You are case in point of what I was talking about. You think that you are better then the sport, you get off on whining about the good ol' days which were perfect....pls. Yes, the sport is far from structured the way other sports are yet every year we get great fights. If you think that you are too good for it then find something else to do with your time.

The funny thing is that if you go to a any popular MMA message board you will see that half the people on there also cry about the good old days. It's just part of following combat sports. Lots of nostalgia and a flawed set-up which will never improve because that is the nature of the beast.

Comment

Working...
                      X