Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's HBO Headlining Debut Draws Over 1 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the ratings were bolstered by those who tuned in at the start then passed out during Dulorme-Mayfield.

In all seriousness though that is actually impressive when you have a crappy lead in fight that is usually costly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      I think the ratings were bolstered by those who tuned in at the start then passed out during Dulorme-Mayfield.

In all seriousness though that is actually impressive when you have a crappy lead in fight that is usually costly.
      Seriously curious about the ratings

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        All relative

How come if Pac sells less than a million, it's bad but Canelo selling 350k it's good?

I guarantee you the whole HBO card with Kov cost way less than how much Ward got paid for his own purse
        I never said Canelo/Angulo,PPV numbers was great,If Pac sells less then a million but still does 100`s of thousands of buys against a no name opponent,then that`s impressive,same situation with Mayweather.And that`s because you have 2 big name fighters that fight each other that don`t do as well on PPV as Floyd fighting a fighter with no fanbase,and Pacquiao fighting a fighter with no fanbase.

I read a report that Floyd/Guerrero did 900,000 PPV buys,yeah the haters are jumping for Joy because it didn't do a million,But how many big name fighters can do anywhere near that against a no name opponent?Not even Oscar did those numbers against a no name opponent.Oscar sold only 350,000 buys against Yuri Boy Campas who was more well known then Guerrero,Oscar did 400,000 PPV buys against unknown Javier Castillejo.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
          Put him in New York with a better opponent and a decent undercard and he would bring 10k fans I bet.

If he keeps winning and giving interviews the way he does, it's only a matter of time to he's bringing in GGG like numbers. Americans like the thought of Eastern Euro champs. Thank that Rocky movie.
          If they did the Klit brothers would be mega stars in America. It has nothing to do with nationality. No matter where you're from casual fans like exciting fighters that knock people out. Both of them have a fight friendly style. They come to take your head off and that's why they make fans.

Comment

Durlome v the hard likka was the fight most tuned to watch... so this is skewed imo

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              Seriously curious about the ratings
              I always liked the 15 minute breakdowns, because that shows if people were tuning in or tuning out or did they stay static because everyone fell asleep during a boring fight.

To me that is where the really important info is, rather than we peaked at 1.2 for 15 before falling off to .8 for the rest of the show

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
                I never said Canelo/Angulo,PPV numbers was great,If Pac sells less then a million but still does 100`s of thousands of buys against a no name opponent,then that`s impressive,same situation with Mayweather.And that`s because you have 2 big name fighters that fight each other that don`t do as well on PPV as Floyd fighting a fighter with no fanbase,and Pacquiao fighting a fighter with no fanbase.

I read a report that Floyd/Guerrero did 900,000 PPV buys,yeah the haters are jumping for Joy because it didn't do a million,But how many big name fighters can do anywhere near that against a no name opponent?Not even Oscar did those numbers against a no name opponent.Oscar sold only 350,000 buys against Yuri Boy Campas who was more well known then Guerrero,Oscar did 400,000 PPV buys against unknown Javier Castillejo.
                You said people on here, now read into the general consensus of both examples I gave you.

The point... the over all straight to the line point, how are you going to pay Andre Ward over 2 million dollars.... and then multiple fighters beat his ratings... one fighter even being paid about 1/5th of Ward for more ratings?

Why is Kovalev 1 million good? Because the entire card cost less than what Ward got paid, maybe even less than half

Comment

Originally posted by PR ESQ. View Post
                  Durlome v the hard likka was the fight most tuned to watch... so this is skewed imo
                  Are you delusional? No one, other than their families, cares or knows about those two fighters.

Comment

1 million+ views. Oh, Kovalev is a draw all right. Stick it in the socket and sock it -yeah!

Comment

Huge news! Nothing beats the appeal of tuning in to watch a guaranteed KO courtesy of a no nonsense ruskie with spades for fists! Roll on Kovalev!

Comment

Working...
                      X