Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's HBO Headlining Debut Draws Over 1 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now he needs to put butts on seats to be an even bigger draw that place looked empty when Kovalev fought. We all know Steveson fills arenas and gets lots of viewers so Stevenson is still the bigger draw.

Comment

Originally posted by MamaHuevo View Post
      Now he needs to put butts on seats to be an even bigger draw that place looked empty when Kovalev fought. We all know Steveson fills arenas and gets lots of viewers so Stevenson is still the bigger draw.
      Put him in New York with a better opponent and a decent undercard and he would bring 10k fans I bet.

If he keeps winning and giving interviews the way he does, it's only a matter of time to he's bringing in GGG like numbers. Americans like the thought of Eastern Euro champs. Thank that Rocky movie.

Comment

great numbers for sergey. Now where does he go next.

Comment

Originally posted by MamaHuevo View Post
          Only in Quebec. 9 of last 10 fights have been there, the other on Floyd/Ortiz undercard. I would imagine Kovalev could fill an arena in Russia just the same.

Comment

Kov doing it big

Stevenson's a coward!

Comment

Please,just over a million is not all that,I remember when it was reported that Andre Ward Vs Edwin Rodriguez did 1.2 million views,People on here was talking about how bad it was,But Kovalev/Agnew does less then that but now people wanna act like Kovalev did something great.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
                Please,just over a million is not all that,I remember when it was reported that Andre Ward Vs Edwin Rodriguez did 1.2 million views,People on here was talking about how bad it was,But Kovalev/Agnew does less then that but now people wanna act like Kovalev did something great.
                Exactly now watch Adonis do higher than Kovalev did and still get ****ted on by the same people

Comment

All relative

How come if Pac sells less than a million, it's bad but Canelo selling 350k it's good?

I guarantee you the whole HBO card with Kov cost way less than how much Ward got paid for his own purse

Comment

The criticism of Andre Ward was he got paid $2 million to do less ratings than some fighters who fought for $400k. He was overpaid, and it has come back to bite HBO.

Comment

lol. Do you know what the difference in license fee HBO paid for both fights. Considering Ward is a P4P star and American fighter he should have blitzed Kovalev's rating.

The fact that they are that close signifies how little interest Ward brings and how quick Kovalev's popularity is growing.

Comment

Working...
                      X