Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Sugar Ray Leonard who would win & why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray Leonard takes it as he had too much in his offensive arsenal, even for Mayweather Jr's defence.

He was an even bigger manipulator in negotiations so Jr couldn't beat him there either.

Comment

Originally posted by hardcorefighter View Post
      My money is on money. Reason why I feel he would be in better shape and would adapt to ray and then drown him also feels his boxing iQ and ring General ship is better.
      First of all, what do you mean "he would be in better shape"?

You are proposing a fight of two different eras of boxing. Shouldn't we all assume that both fighters would be in prime shape?

If so, neither fighter would have an advantage in that area.

That said, I'd have to go with Ray Leonard. Unlike Mayweather, Leonard became great by fighting other great fighters in their prime. Because of that, he'd be much better equipped to deal with the kind of pressure and adversity that come with truly challenging fights.

Also, Ray Leonard was a master at figuring out and exploiting his opponents' weaknesses, and picking just the right moment in each round to win over the judges.

So, assuming that Al Haymon had nothing to do with this fight, I see Leonard winning it hands down.

Comment

Ray, it would not even be close

Far superior to Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          In what world was Floyd Sr. competitive?
          I watched the fight. Sr landed plenty of good shots over the course of the fight. This was no 2 round demolition like hearns-duran...

I think sr lost via 10 round tko ref stoppage... but again this was no rjj montell griffin

If im not mistaken, srl's eye was swollen

Comment

Leonard wins by brutal KO.

Comment

Too bad SRL doesn't agree with most of you. He obviously thinks, at the very least, they should be mentioned in the same sentence. He also admits, his brother Roger, who gave him the strategy to defeat Duran said that he could not beat Floyd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5CZA1aI4lc

Skip to 3:45

Comment

Welterweight Floyd? I don't see him beating Leonard, he fights too conservatively at this weight.

Comment

I think the fight could go either way honestly. Sugar is the better fighter offensively while Floyd is clearly the better defensive fighter. I can see Sugar hurting Floyd but idk if Floyd could hurt sugar at WW being that he is the bigger man of the 2. 58/42 spilt for Sugar.

You dudes handle emotions like women. Can't give an answer without being blinded by hatred.

Comment

Working...
                  X