No announcement yet.

the truth is Manny pacquaio resume would have been great but he choose the way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
    I think Floyd has blasted through expectation....Can you cite examples of Pac blasting through expectation, please?
    Manny
    Underdog vs
    Saskusal
    Ledbedwa
    Barrera
    Morales
    Oscar
    Cotto or at least 50/50

Took big fights where he was underdog, and he massacred everyone he was an underdog against, I would say that is blasting past expectations...

Comment

Truer words...
      You just agreed to one your dozen's alts. You floydiots are really pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Or why did Floyd think he was on drugs?

That was a compliment by Floyd, saying Pacquiao is too good to be true.

He is that good.
        I don't even take these flotards seriously. Floyd is the boxer. He knows Pac is going to murk him. Pac is that good. That's why Floyd ducked him. It's not rocket science.

Comment

• Ledwaba is probably one of the best examples. He took the fight on 2 weeks notice as an injury replacement. Almost no one outside of the Philippines had even heard of him before and that immediately got him some attention.

MAB - Still relatively unknown outside the Philippines and he completely demolished Barrera in a hugely pro-Mexican crowd. Got himself noticed and probably a lot of Mexican fans in the process.

FFS, Filipino's were petitioning the boxing commission to ban the De La Joya fight because they thought Pacquiao was going to get hurt in the fight.

Plenty of examples that people just refuse to acknowledge.

Comment

• After the Oscar fight, Margarito's name gets mentioned, again the response don't be so f***ing stupid, do you want Pacquiao to die, Hatton is the limit and that is a 50/50 fight.

Fast forward around 20 months, and Pacquiao schools Margarito given him a devastating beating breaking his orbital bone and effectively ending his career.

Comment

The Ledwaba fight, the fight with MAB. Then the fight with Oscar, Cotto, Margarito, even Hatton.

Pacquiao was either the underdog or around a year before the fight many people thought, not a chance of Pacquiao winning and he could get hurt being in the same ring as them.
              Fine I will tell you how Floyd exceeded expectations -

1. He is the HIGHEST paid athlete on EARTH as of 3/27/14 and this is off of no endorsements

2. HOLD the record for (2) of the highest grossing PPV of all times (heavyweight and none)

3. Undefeated for 18 years

4. With the exception of Zab Judah and Castillo, he has fought all 43 opponents coming off of wins

5. World titles in (7) weight classes

6. (3) Ring Mag titles

7. Has a record of 20-0 against former or current world titlists

8. Crossover appeal in other genre like Dancing with the Stars and WWE.

9. Started 24/7...pitched the idea to HBO

This is just to name a few....yes Floyd Mayweather has exceeded my expectation.
              Last edited by Queen_Leia; 03-27-2014, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Fine I will tell you how Floyd exceeded expectations -

1. He is the HIGHEST paid athlete on EARTH as of 3/27/14 and this is off of no endorsements

2. HOLD the record for (2) of the highest grossing PPV of all times (heavyweight and none)

3. Undefeated for 18 years

4. With the exception of Zab Judah, he has fought all 44 opponents coming off of wins

5. World titles in (7) weight classes

6. (3) Ring Mag titles

7. Has a record of 20-0 against former or current world titlists

8. Crossover appeal in other genre like Dancing with the Stars and WWE.

9. Started 24/7...pitched the idea to HBO

This is just to name a few....yes Floyd Mayweather has exceeded my expectation.
                Seems like you didn't understand the question.

Expectations in the ring against opponents. We are boxing fans on here not business fans

Comment

• Remember my original point Leia, that I can't think of another boxer that has exceeded expectations as Pacquiao did.

Probably only Henry Armstrong and Ali did it a few times as well but I never lived through that.

But what is certain is that Floyd has not matched this.

Comment

• @D4thincarnation
                    i read the comments i understand what u mean now but that doesn't change the fact both Floyd and Pac resumes are weak compared to the past ATGs. Just because manny underdog didn't mean nothing because the idiots doubted him. danny garcia is the same same way but hes not gunna be a all time great because of that. They still fought old HoF and just solid good champions. Floyd also should get credit too just like Pac beacuse he beat both delahoya and mosley but in better condontion. the 2 bigget HOF in both there resumes. Now when it comes to drug test Floyd is an dumb and wrong saying how he came from the small wight classes because Pac was 15 when he stared obviously your body's going to grow. When floyd was 15 he was also 106lbs at the Olympics ,so that means floyd taking steroids to lol.

Comment

Seems like you didn't understand the question.

Expectations in the ring against opponents. We are boxing fans on here not business fans
                      Again I told you that it not Floyd fault that he is not an underdog...he is that skilled.

I can bring up Corrales and such when he was the underdog but you will just says "that not what I'm talking about"

Comment

Working...
                      X