Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fact is Floyd Mayweather could have had a stellar resume but chose the easy path.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fooliun_Smaxon View Post
    The point is that he could have a truly ATG resume. Very Ver impressive but he chose the easy road and didn't fight those legends I listed.
    yeah but guys like baldomir, henry bruseles, ortiz, and phillip ndou would have been legends but floyd ruined them. so you have to take that into account.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      yeah but guys like baldomir, henry bruseles, ortiz, and phillip ndou would have been legends but floyd ruined them. so you have to take that into account.
      He good binnis man doe.

Henry Armstrong, Duran and Pacquiao use Mayweather's resume to delicately wipe away food from their mouths during Christmas Dinner.

Comment

Fighters in and around Mayweather's weightclasses through out his career that for some reason or another he did not fight:

Joel Casamayor
        Acelino Freitas
        Kosta Tzyu
        Paul Williams
        Antonio Margarito
        Pacquiao x 3 (should have been a god damn trilogy)
        Winky Wright

Mayweather's best wins:

ODLH
        Mosley
        Corralles.

Floyd obviously chose the easy road, compare these names. How does this guy have any fans?

To retire in 2007 when welterweight was on fire with Pacquiao, prime Cotto, prime Mosley, and Williams was a symptom of the colour of his heart. Yeller.
        When Floyd became no1 p4p emerging from the shadow of RJJ, Barrera and Naseem Hamed, he went AWOL immediately instead of fighting everyone. Pac fought everyone FLoyd should have fought, Pac did all the fighting to show he was no1 and deserved it.

There are so many people could have fought but didn't, he could seriously have padded out his resume with some decent names.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          When Floyd became no1 p4p emerging from the shadow of RJJ, Barrera and Naseem Hamed, he went AWOL immediately instead of fighting everyone. Pac fought everyone FLoyd should have fought, Pac did all the fighting to show he was no1 and deserved it.

There are so many people could have fought but didn't, he could seriously have padded out his resume with some decent names.
          "Pac fought everyone Floyd should have fought" .... Really ? who ? Oscar De La Hoya , JMM ? , Brandon Rios? Antonio Margarito ? Miguel Cotto? Ricky Hatton? Shane Mosley? Clottey?

seriously you haters make me sick smh

Comment

Mosley one of his best wins.

Comment

Floyd's best wins imo are Genaro Hernandez , Diego Corrales , Jose Luis Castillo , Oscar De La Hoya , Ricky Hatton & Canelo.

What are Pac's best wins? Marquez? Morales? Barrera? and Floyd's leftovers? EXACTLY.

Comment

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
                "Pac fought everyone Floyd should have fought" .... Really ? who ? Oscar De La Hoya , JMM ? , Brandon Rios? Antonio Margarito ? Miguel Cotto? Ricky Hatton? Shane Mosley? Clottey?

seriously you haters make me sick smh
                All I need to know is when Pac came on the scene, beating Barrera, he fought twice a year every year for the next 7 years or so beating people.
                When Floyd was supposed to be the beacon of light everyone looked up to, he fought once every 18 months, and incredible amount of dithering and generally not doing much.

It was ok for Floyd hiding in the shadow of RJJ and Barrera and Hamed, not much was expected of Floyd then, Floyd was just amonst many other champions, no one called him out back then as he was a nobody.
                When he became a somebody he couldn't handle the expectations of being the best.

Comment

Fighters in and around Mayweather's weightclasses through out his career that for some reason or another he did not fight:

Joel Casamayor
                  Acelino Freitas
                  Kosta Tzyu
                  Paul Williams
                  Antonio Margarito
                  Pacquiao x 3 (should have been a god damn trilogy)
                  Winky Wright

Mayweather's best wins:

ODLH
                  Mosley
                  Corralles.

Floyd obviously chose the easy road, compare these names. How does this guy have any fans?

To retire in 2007 when welterweight was on fire with Pacquiao, prime Cotto, prime Mosley, and Williams was a symptom of the colour of his heart. Yeller.
                  These are lies LOL. He structured his career to get two money fights with Oscar and Gatti. He went directly to Oscar and Gatti, and people who hate him accused him of ducking ten or twenty fighters who were in between. Not cool at all. He retired after Oscar NOT to duck a bunch of easy fights, but because he felt that after fighting Oscar he had got everything he set out to get. Around that time he said he didnt even love boxing anymore. I think his best wins are JMM, Ortiz who was 164lbs and 24 yrs old, Mosley who at that time was coming off a great win, Ghost who he changed his entire style in order to beat, and Canelo who I felt was too big for him. It was a bonus fight, and he walked that giant down. Cotto was shot when Floyd fought him. Oscar was old and he was a money fight to me.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    All I need to know is when Pac came on the scene, beating Barrera, he fought twice a year every year for the next 7 years or so beating people.
                    When Floyd was supposed to be the beacon of light everyone looked up to, he fought once every 18 months, and incredible amount of dithering and generally not doing much.

It was ok for Floyd hiding in the shadow of RJJ and Barrera and Hamed, not much was expected of Floyd then, Floyd was just amonst many other champions, no one called him out back then as he was a nobody.
                    When he became a somebody he couldn't handle the expectations of being the best.
                    Stop, please just stooop!

Floyd Mayweather came in the scene in 96 , two years later he went against all odds and defeated Chicanito for the world title and won Ring ****zine fighter of the year in 98 . Manny Pacquiao already had an L in his record by that time , Floyd been dominating for almost 20 YEARS now , why can't you guys just appreciate greatness? you said Pac fought "everyone Floyd should of fought" and i made you look foolish.

The problem is Floyd is held to a higher standard , i think the only way for him to get proper propz is by calling out Ward and the Klitschko's smh

Comment

How the same posters who been here for many many years, still post the same old **** defending the same old guy over the same old topics.

I haven't even been here long and i fcking facepalm seeing the same tired bait threads over and over

Comment

Working...
                      X