Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fact is Floyd Mayweather could have had a stellar resume but chose the easy path.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
    Floyd cant beat every bum........

The only big names he didnt fight on his level that floated around his divisions were Manny and Winky and they both ducked

A Williams and Margarito, Friestas, John ston, and all them other fighters doesn't do his resume any justice, with the HOF bodies he stacked up
    i just proved to you that floyd ducked winky. that was 5 minutes ago and you already forgot. short term memory loss is a serious medical issue that we really should invest more money in to treat.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothsmg View Post
      Yes facts of the situation of why they didnt fight, not facts of him being caught as a cheater after the Mosley fight.

Margarito walked up to Floyd, said lets fight, Floyd said when your next fight, Margarito lost. Floyd was stuttering huh? Floyd fought the number 1 fighter in the division, yet you criticize him for not fighting who YOU wanted him to fight.
      Yea a close decision vs "the most dangerous man" in the sport at the time Williams. He lost but there was a still huge demand for that fight over Carlos Baldimor.
      Last edited by tank17211; 03-27-2014, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        I agree he could have fought some really good fight from 2007-2014... Mosely was certainly not prime in 2007. He was better then the version Floyd and Manny fought but not in his "prime" I'd say 200-2003 was his prime or his juicing prime
        Well if we discounted the achievements of every juiced fighter boxing history would be pretty scantily clad.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooliun_Smaxon View Post
          Fighters in and around Mayweather's weightclasses through out his career that for some reason or another he did not fight:

Joel Casamayor
          Acelino Freitas
          Kosta Tzyu
          Paul Williams
          Antonio Margarito
          Pacquiao x 3 (should have been a god damn trilogy)
          Winky Wright

Mayweather's best wins:

ODLH
          Mosley
          Corralles.

Floyd obviously chose the easy road, compare these names. How does this guy have any fans?

To retire in 2007 when welterweight was on fire with Pacquiao, prime Cotto, prime Mosley, and Williams was a symptom of the colour of his heart. Yeller.
          I respect but am not crazy for Floyd...but this is way off

Comment

Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
            Yea a close decision vs William. He lost but there was a still huge demand for that fight over Carlos Baldimor.
            margarito didn't lose to williams until after floyd fought baldomir and hoya. floyd fans are trying to rewrite history again in order to explain why floyd didn't fight him. he had the time to fight mitchell, judah coming off a loss, and baldomir for less money, but yep there was no reason or time to fight the guy who had been #1 for 3 plus years.

Comment

Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
              Yea a close decision vs "the most dangerous man" in the sport at the time Williams. He lost but there was a still huge demand for that fight over Carlos Baldimor.
              Come on man. Floyd was talked about to death about him fighting judah instead of baldomir. People called him the names the been calling him today. Only after he whooped Baldomir did they change their tune. He fought the top guy in the division and gets ridiculed. Pretty pathetic.

Comment

The disrespect of floyd mayweather by some people makes me sick.

Ducked cassamayor , frietas or tzu ??! Absolutley not , there are videos of floyd calling all 3 of them out , specifically saying he wants to fight the winner of casamayor an frietas . You all forget that back then floyd was promoted by bob arum and that floyd was considered a high risk low reward fight so arum wouldnt let him fight those guys . It was only when floyd was trying to leave top rank that arum offered floyd the 8m to fight margarito . And everyone knows pac ducked floyd . Turned down a signed 50/50 contract and refused the cut off date for the drug testing , then he turned down 40 mil . Give me a break . Floyds an atg his resume is deep and hes faught everyone .

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  i just proved to you that floyd ducked winky. that was 5 minutes ago and you already forgot. short term memory loss is a serious medical issue that we really should invest more money in to treat.
                  Why would you eve bother acknowledging someone dumb enough to state something like "All the hall of fame bodies mayweather has stacked up" He hasn't beat any real hall of famers that weren't old or outweighed significantly in over a decade, and thats saying a lot considering how many PPV hes been in.

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Jesus! View Post
                    Why would you eve bother acknowledging someone dumb enough to state something like "All the hall of fame bodies mayweather has stacked up" He hasn't beat any real hall of famers that weren't old or outweighed significantly in over a decade, and thats saying a lot considering how many PPV hes been in.
                    because on my resume i can say i worked with mentally challenged kids

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Jesus! View Post
                      The point is that he could have a truly ATG resume. Very Ver impressive but he chose the easy road and didn't fight those legends I listed.

Comment

Working...
                      X