Collapse
No announcement yet.

in 12 hours time, Deontay Wilder becomes "legit"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish Scott was more durable. These are the type of opponents Wilder needs. Or someone with a good chin who will pressure him. Someone like Arreola but a notch down. He isn't ready for Arreola yet. Or Stievern (sp?) for that matter.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      Didn't Arreola a guy who eats burritos and Doritos during training camp knock this chump out in one round
      Arreola knocked out Seth Michell in one round

Scott is exactly what he is - a well rounded sparring partner type of fighter who will never rise to the occasion since he's got that sparring partner mentality of idling along. I don't see that type of fighter able to give someone like Wilder any trouble whatsoever.
      Wilder is still very green. He has not really fought anyone and dude has so many flaws it's not even funny. I don't think you have to be a world class fighter to expose Wilder. That's why this fight is somewhat interesting. Scott can box and I want to see this fight go a few rounds so we can learn more about Wilder....but let's wait and see what happens tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
        No HW contender has the combination of size, power and speed of Wilder. None. He may turn out to be a flop from a technical perspective or his chin might fail him. Who knows, but I do know that there isn't one guy coming up with the combination of those physical traits. Not one. And his fitness should embarrass way more skilled guys like Solis. And he's exciting. He should get support for bigger fights not hate that he hasn't scored them yet. Scott's a solid opponent with a lot to lose. He goes back into obscurity where he was for so long between being a young prospect and the Glazkov break out. It could be better than anyone expects. I think Scott will probably get bombed out though and Wilder won't get much credit even though it'd be a very solid win.
        Tyson '2 fast' Fury

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
          Deontay Wilder may well be the most skilled boxer I've ever seen. Technique, versatility, ring IQ... the guy has it all in spades.
          He throws the most beautiful windmills I've ever laid eyes upon
          I often marvel at their refined simplicity

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
            Arreola knocked out Seth Michell in one round

Wilder is still very green. He has not really fought anyone and dude has so many flaws it's not even funny. I don't think you have to be a world class fighter to expose Wilder. That's why this fight is somewhat interesting. Scott can box and I want to see this fight go a few rounds so we can learn more about Wilder....but let's wait and see what happens tonight.
            He green doe

Comment

Scott may not have a lot of pop but if Deontay's chin is as bad as some posters say, Scott should be able to put him away. That being said, I expect Wilder to flatten him. Let's not **** on this fight, though. It is a solid step up for Deontay

Comment

Fury vs Wilder is going to be the biggest HW event since Vitali vs Lennox

Comment

All you can say is this fight is a TINY step up from the bartenders, cabbies and caddies Wilder has been knocking out.

Scott does possess a modicum of boxing ability, but that's all.

Wilder doesn't become legit if he beats "his good friend" in this fight.

He just takes a step toward legitimacy.....
                  Last edited by Ulver; 03-15-2014, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    Wish Scott was more durable. These are the type of opponents Wilder needs. Or someone with a good chin who will pressure him. Someone like Arreola but a notch down. He isn't ready for Arreola yet. Or Stievern (sp?) for that matter.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    He's not ready for anybody with some power, aggression and skill.

Sadly, Scott doesn't have much of the first two, and these guys are bosom buddies.

This fight will be a fix or the next thing to a fix and be a real disappointment to the Yanks who are praying for Wilder to save them.

It's not gonna happen. Arreola has a better chance of winning a belt if he gets in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                      The fact that light hitting Chisora dropped Scott should be all you need to know about Scott's chances.
                      chisora dropped kevin Johnson which had never been done before. he punches harder then he's given credit for. not a one punch KO guy by any means but he must pack a decent right.

Comment

Working...
                      X