Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RVABoxer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

they wouldn't be that stupid. he's not fighting Vazquez. they already avoided him once.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

I honestly dont think ive seen Vasquez fight I was saying that cause I was talking to a friend last night about who Broner would be facing and looking at ESPN rankings chose him cause i dont think they want broner to face anyone in the top 10 at 140 or 147 so maybe they can sell him facing the #1 guy at 135 coming up to 140
    Vazquez would box circles around Broner's wide stance. Vazquez is a marathon runner inside that ring.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

in terms of ducking,

Broner is stuck in no mans land. I see a lot of potential losses with broner. In terms of having a job and career, it couldnt be any better for Broner.

Despite Broner getting american history X'd ed norton style by Maidana, Broner is enough of a name to get a lot of fights with a lot of name fighters at 147 and 140.

Comment

Originally posted by CTC JOHNNY View Post
        How is he more like Zab Judah ??? the Hate is Real !!!
        Zab is a B level fighter, can beat some guys & gets humiliated by others. Everybody saw him as top tier but he failed massively.

How is that hating?

Comment

he needs to go on a major diet so he can get back to 135 and pick on smaller guys again...guys his size will just beat his ass

Comment

Originally posted by the tase View Post
            in terms of ducking,

broner is stuck in no mans land. I see a lot of potential losses with broner. In terms of having a job and career, it couldnt be any better for broner.

Despite broner getting american history x'd ed norton style by maidana, broner is enough of a name to get a lot of fights with a lot of name fighters at 147 and 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Xpert View Post
              Broner got 2 losses and his best win was a hard fight against Malignaggi.
              He really lost that fight though.

People say Broner is done because at this point in his career, he has actually lost 4 fights.

Its not like Floyd where there is the Castillo fight where he got a gift, Broner got Gifts against:

Quintero
              De Leon
              Malignagi

Then got beaten down by Maidana.

Comment

If definitely goes both ways, fans can't hype a prospect to the point of an elite tested fighter - and fans can't **** on a fighter that has a bad match or two.

In my opinion, I definitely got to say that's one thing I can't stand about the sport. Fans [of the sport] today are quick to elevate and devaluate a fighters based on one event. Granted when an amazing performance has been delivered - fans should accept the showcase for what it was in that match. However; in the grand scheme of things previous opposition of that fighter delivering the performance (good or bad) should then be taken into account AND the the level of opposition of the fighter (beaten) should be taken into account. I think by doing that you can get a better, aleit, objective look at a fighter and his career. In the case of Adrian Broner - his loss could be viewed as a fluke, looking at the circumstances, preparations and his previous fight, it's illogical to assume that he is "going nowhere" (yet). If he loses the next fight in similar fashion, then I'd begin to question his abilities. On the other hand, Hopkins has been written off countless times and still has the ability to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Xpert View Post
                  First off, those who in any way bash him for the Malignaggi fight should just stop watching boxing, Broner was moving two weightclasses up and Malignaggi is experienced at fighting good opponents, I expected Paulie to win so the fact that Broner even won a close decision is impressive to me.

However, he won't become anything great. He lost to De Leon but got the decision, he won a close fight against Malignaggi (it takes an okay fighter to beat Malignaggi but a great fighter don't fight a close match against Malignaggi) and he lost to the fairly average Maidana.

Mayweather will beat Maidana easily now and there won't be a Broner-Maidana rematch and Broner will have a very hard time moving back down two weight classes.

His only hope is to beat a good opponent May 3rd, but we all know he will probably end up against a nobody.

Broner is finished... Do you see any ways in which he can resurrect his career?
                  Instead of crying damn rivers, why dont Broner fans just admit that Maidana is better than everyone thought he was? That would explain why he kicked Broner's ass and why Broner still has a career left.
                  But noooo, dumas Broner fans want to call Maidana a fking bum (and what does that make Broner?) and still find theories as of why Broner isnt done for.
                  I cant believe I have to end up defending Broner, but dont you guys realize he took a brutal beating and that he managed to finish the fight at all is an acomplishment?

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
                    Instead of crying damn rivers, why dont Broner fans just admit that Maidana is better than everyone thought he was? That would explain why he kicked Broner's ass and why Broner still has a career left.
                    But noooo, dumas Broner fans want to call Maidana a fking bum (and what does that make Broner?) and still find theories as of why Broner isnt done for.
                    I cant believe I have to end up defending Broner, but dont you guys realize he took a brutal beating and that he managed to finish the fight at all is an acomplishment?
                    Maidana is neither elite or a bum. He's an okay slugger. He got owned by Alexander and Khan gave him tons of trouble. His best win is Broner, whose best win was a close fight against slightly-past-it Malignaggi (although Broner gets a +point because he moved up so much in weight) and I got a feeling that Maidana could end up being one of the easiest Mayweather wins in a long time. I like Maidana, though, he got the heart of a warrior and I wish him succes with his career. His best wins, Broner and Ortiz, are certainly not bad wins, but certainly not too great wins either.
                    Last edited by Xpert; 03-13-2014, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I think he is finished as far as the tag next great or mayweather's replacement. That all ended before the 3 minute mark of round 1 vs Maidana. He can wear all the guady jewelry and pretend he is a huge star all he wants. That doesnt match reality. He can be a champ again or at least have a decent part 2 of his career if he dedicates himself 100%. In short, he is not as good as he thought or maybe still thinks he is or gullable fans, but he is not as bad as some make him out to be. He had the proverbial fall but that was from a make-believe world. As far as just a really good fighter, his fall wasnt that far. But expectation levels make it a huge fall. He needs to learn from the loss on how not to act outside the ring and how to make adjustments inside the ring and he may do some good things. Growing up should be high on his list.

Comment

Working...
                      X