No announcement yet.

Martinez Cotto is an obvious mismatch in size

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
    It'll be around 9lb difference on fight night. Margarito is taller than Martinez.
    It's not only the weight you have to consider. The bone density of the fighters. Martinez is huge. Big boned. Middle weight bone structure. Cotto is welterweight bone structure. Martinez looks like a tank while Cotto looks like a jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by krimzon View Post
      just cancel the fight, cotto is smaller, there's no point anymore. They should've taken pictures of each other before signing the fight. What a waste of money this all is
      This, lol.

Comment

Same skill level, so size and athletism will make the difference.

I favor Martinez heavily.

Comment

This fight is a mismatch.

Trout dominated Cotto. What does Trout of better than Martinez?

He's going to hit him often and hurt him often. Won't last long

Comment

Cotto is not as small as he looks with rangier guys because he's got a stubby/stocky build. Before moving up he used to be a big weight cutter. When Cotto was fighting at 140 at least once he cut seventeen pounds. So it may not be quite as big a disparity as you'd think. There is one of course but it may be less dramatic than it looks. I could see Martinez being fine if he wanted to drop back to 154. I think it might be more of a style mismatch than a size mismatch but I'm really hoping for a great fight.

Cotto has a lot of physical strength for someone his size and his boxing ability is better than anyone that Sergio Martinez has fought. You can't say the same vice versa. Cotto has been in with May, Pac and a faded but still very serious Mosley. Sergio's a style Cotto doesn't know but not a skill level he doesn't know. And even though Mayweather and Pacquiao gave him a clear loss they both knew they'd been in with a true high class boxer. Cotto will be 100% the best boxer Martinez has ever met no matter what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

It amazes me thay despite being boxing enthusiasts for years, you can still say dumb **** like this....

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
                It amazes me thay despite being boxing enthusiasts for years, you can still say dumb **** like this....
                Ok.

The fights a mismatch.

I'm sorry that's not what you'd like to hear.

Comment

Cotto stated yesterday during an interview that he was currently walking around 162-163lb.

Based on Freddy's speculations that Miguel will weight in at around 155lb should make it a 4lb diference comes weight in.

Comment

Ok.

The fights a mismatch.

I'm sorry that's not what you'd like to hear.
                    Well, not only is Sergio 3 inches taller, but irondanhamza says its a mismatch. We can all go home now.

Comment

trout didn't dominate shiiiiiT

Comment

Working...
                      X